PDA

View Full Version : found donor for tranny swap

87AccordLXsdn
04-29-2004, 08:26 PM
well i finally found a junkyard that has about 6 or 7 accords in it and 2 of them are five speeds. one is missing the tranny and the other seems to be in perfect condition. after i grabbed some speakers and a corner lens, i went down to talk to one of the guys there. i asked him how much for the tranny, pedals, axle, cables and all that. he stood there for a minute and said, 75 bucks. i wasnt expecting him to say that, i figured like 200. well im goin on a cruise on sunday so whenever i get back, im headin up with some guys and rippin it out. i read the list of what i need and although i dunno what all that is, my girlfriends dad is a mechanic so he'll be joining me. now what i read is that all i need new is the clutch and release bearings and need to resurface the flywheel. how do i resurface it? do i take it to a shop and how much does it cost?

BITESIZE
04-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Resurfacing is about 20 bucks....if you need anything or have questions don't hesitate to ask me. And congratulations!

87AccordLXsdn
04-29-2004, 09:00 PM
thanks and were do i take it to get resurfaced? just a mechanic??

shepherd79
04-30-2004, 03:32 AM
you can take it to a shop. open your yellow book and look up some local mashine shops.
if you can't find them, call car quest. they should have it.