PDA

View Full Version : Project Ressurection

k-roy
04-29-2004, 10:30 PM
pimp_n87LXi got his car back so its our goal is to get it in tip top shape again this weekend.
Before Pics (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?p=395177#post395177)

Junkyard Run

Interior (Brown)
Dash
Switch Control
Switch cover (beside cruise button)
Ashtrey
Center Vents
Side Vents
Shift Knob & Boot
Center consle 2 pieces
(4) Inner door handle covers
Screws for rear left and front right inner door panels
4 Inner Lock Covers
Center mirror trim & screws
Sunroof Cover
Seat Lever Covers
Speakers
Radio
(4) speaker boxes

Exterior
Rear Liscense plate light covers
(2) 13" Steelies
Right Front Fender
(2) Corner Lenses
(2) Bumper Lenses
Front Bumper ?
Passenger side Popup assembly

Under Hood
Air Intake
Hood Squirters & hosing
Hood Prop
Valve Cover
Battery Tie Down
Lower Fork Bolt

Parts Needed new
Valve Cover Gasket & Gromments
Battery
PCV Valve
Fuel Filter
Oil Filter
Air Filter
Case of Oil
Spark Plugs
Multipack of Fuses
Degreaser & Shop Towels

Inspect and Adjust or replace
Dog Bone Mount
Inspect Timing Belt
Adjust Timing
Lube and inspect suspension components
Adjust Throttle and Clutch Cables
Greese window and sunroof tracks
Degreese Underhood

k-roy
04-29-2004, 10:32 PM
This car has beeen sitting in impound for 6months and we just got it back. Its a little rough around the edges but we can deal with that. It runs decent and the ECU is not throwing any codes.

Other than the Junkyard Run for parts is there anything I missed for getting it in top shape again?

pimp_n87LXi
04-30-2004, 04:19 PM
This car has beeen sitting in impound for 6months and we just got it back. Its a little rough around the edges but we can deal with that. It runs decent and the ECU is not throwing any codes.

Other than the Junkyard Run for parts is there anything I missed for getting it in top shape again?
So nobody has any other ideas?

Vinny
04-30-2004, 04:24 PM
I've probably got a million ideas, if I could actually think outside my own deals right now. Hit me on aim and I'll see if I can come up with anything

Definitley want to
check/clear all the roof drains
Check the normal suspension stuffs, Tie rods, ball joints and the likes
Lucas Fuel treatmnent

I know theres more but I can't think

MoonScryer
04-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Depends, where are you getting the parts? If you can make it down to Atlanta, off of Jimmy Carter Blvd and Hwy 23 (Buford Hwy), there is a Pick-aPart I get all my parts from. They have many 3rd gens, and I've seen two SEi's there, still with their discs - least a couple months ago. Anyway, it's $1 admisson, prices are DIRT CHEAP - I got 91 prelude buckets for $20 each - bring your own tools. Let me know if you are going, I'll meet you there.

hondamanlxi
04-30-2004, 04:34 PM
i wish we had a jy like that!

my advice: find a parts car

customandsound
04-30-2004, 05:35 PM
you got to love them pick a parts there is one 30 minutes from here ... and for a buck to get in the prices are a steal .....

i.c.
04-30-2004, 05:37 PM
i need to head up your way sometime kroy...i thought it was a longer trip than that...i could be up there in 45 min..

Bryan
05-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Idea.....get rid of that ugly blue center console thing.....

Vinny
05-01-2004, 03:41 PM
i need to head up your way sometime kroy...i thought it was a longer trip than that...i could be up there in 45 min..
Well then why don't you follow Kroy or ride with him to the Georgia Meet

k-roy
05-02-2004, 05:33 AM

Damn, you would have to average over 100MPH to make it in that time. Last I checked 385 is 2 lanes with a lot of dickheads hogging the fast lane. :mad:

i.c.
05-02-2004, 04:38 PM
385??

26 homie....

i.c.
05-02-2004, 04:39 PM
btw.....i got a set of 13 inch steelies....with good tires...i took them off about a month ago when i got some rimz, you want em?

pimp_n87LXi
05-03-2004, 07:30 AM
btw.....i got a set of 13 inch steelies....with good tires...i took them off about a month ago when i got some rimz, you want em?
You still go the steelies? I could really use them... And I could come get them off your hands... Let me know

k-roy
05-05-2004, 08:26 AM
We just got done installing a SEi dashboard, seats, center console, door panels and floor mats into the car late last night. The Leather does match the carpet so that did not need swapped out, along with the rear dash and a couple of other small things. No cupholder, I wonder why? :devil:

Yea these nighttime pics do no justice, today we will finish it up and get it shining like new.
We still need A pillar covers, the correct shift knob and boot, radio, sunroof cover, combination switch, and leather conditioner.

http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/Jaron/leather3.jpg

http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/Jaron/leather1.jpg

http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/Jaron/leather2.jpg

HostileJava
05-05-2004, 08:44 AM
WTF beige leather? I guess beggars can't be choosers :D

Looks good though.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-05-2004, 08:57 AM
hey man, if you run into a extra sunroof cover let me know. i need one! looks good man. i was thinking about doing the same thing also but i think ill just go to a upholster shop. looks nice though. :rockon:

NXRacer
05-05-2004, 08:59 AM
i fail to see how old honda leather is an upgrade. that shit feels like pleather and looks worse IMO. All the other stuff you've done is pretty cool though.

How hard is it to change out the dash? I had thought about doing it in my coupe, but never got around to it mostly because i was not sure how much of a PITA it would be to do.

k-roy
05-05-2004, 09:19 AM
The SEi dash took us about an hour and a half to take out, the old painted dash took half that time, and about an hour to reinstall the SEi dash in the car. It only took about 10 minutes to pull the door panels and the seats.

First thing take off your center cover on the steering wheel, mark its position and remove the wheel with a 19mm. Then remmove your turn signal and washer arm assembly.
There is like 8 bolts that hold the dash in, and a few more screws. You basically have to remove everything that attaches to the dash. The pain in the ass part is the wiring harnesses. The bundles are ziptied that clips into the dash, you gotta basically pull out all the wiring to get it off safely.

wprocomp
05-05-2004, 09:53 AM
cool man,are you going to recover the seats?

btw:whats all that what overspray shit on the steering column?

DanLXI88
05-05-2004, 10:23 AM
cool man,are you going to recover the seats?

btw:whats all that what overspray shit on the steering column?

It looks to me like it's a florescent light reflecting off the column.
Looks good I really like the 2 tone color. I am so sick of looking at brown :barf:

Forgar_88
05-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Err, that was a mistake in my book on the old honda leather. I had one with that crap in it and it was, well to put it nicely, crap.