PDA

View Full Version : New Member: 1986 Honda Accord Hatchy

BhamDQ
04-30-2004, 09:29 AM
I just brought a 86 Honda Accord Hatch here in Birmingham,AL. The motor was bad on it, but Im in the processed of purchasing a rebuilt one from the local junk yard for $800.00. It's blue with the blue/grey interior. I have redid the interior to all black. I'm looking for some compatible or almost compatible seats to an 86 Accord that has a armrest in the middle. My future plans are to get in repainted to black. Add 30% dark black tint. Put some 16" to 17" inch chrome or alloy rims on it. I want to paint the rear lights candy red or all black and add the H4 lights to the front. Thats about all my plans for the exterior. I have started slowly on the interior I have redid the walls and ceiling inside the hatch all black. I wired my pioneer head unit to the car but I took it out since it's just seating in the garage until I get the motor. I put 2 new pioneer 6.5" in the front and in the back I put 2 new 6x9". They sound nice. My ultimate plan now is to replace the 6x9 because they really dont fit the enclosured was made for 6.5 rear speaker. My plan now since I removed to 6x9" speakers and it's bracket I want to add some 8 inch speakers and hook them up to some like a 200 watt amp as my rear speakers in the hatch and in the trunk have 2 12" speakers hook up to something like 800-1000 watt amp. Add a couple of neon lights to the interior to top it off. Give me your thoughts about this idea.undefined

BhamDQ
04-30-2004, 09:30 AM
The motor is $400.00 and labor is $400.00

NXRacer
04-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Welcome! Lots of useful info around here. Just be sure to use the search before asking your questions. You should find an answer pretty quickly.

If you want a center console/arm rest, try to find one out of an 89 SEi. They come with center arm rests. Be prepared though, they're worth their weight in gold.

HostileJava
04-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Welcome, I love that color on a hatch, I still have one in that color. Can't wait to see what all you have planned for it.

speedpenguin
05-02-2004, 10:27 AM
have fun
this is the right place to find out what you need.
good luck!