PDA

View Full Version : Info About Euros For The 3rd Gen Accord

bullard123
04-30-2004, 01:37 PM
4/30/04 I HAVE HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS FOR ALL 3RD GEN ACCORD OWNERS ABOUT EURO TAILLIGHTS. I E-MAILED A REP A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO FROM APC (www.4apc.net) AND ASKED HIM WHY THEY DISCRIMINATED AGAINST 3RD GEN ACCORDS BY NOT MAKING EUROS FOR THEM. HE SENT ME A REPLY AND SAID THAT THEY COULD MAKE EUROS FOR THIRD GEN ACCORDS BUT THERE ARE JUST NOT ENOUGH REQUESTS FOR THEM. SO IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO ORDER PAIR OF THEM, LETS GET A LIST TOGETHER OF NAMES AND I'LL EMAIL THAT REP BACK WITH ALL OF THAT INFORMATION AND THEY SHOULD START MAKING THEM. THE MORE NAMES I CAN GET THE BETTER. I DON'T HAVE A IDEA OF HOW MANY NAMES I HAVE TO GET BUT I THINK ITS A LOT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS. THANKS CHARLES

BITESIZE
04-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Are they going to make Hatchback tailights...with carbon fiber....I would get a set in carbon fiber only.

bullard123
04-30-2004, 01:47 PM
They Will Make Euros For Both The Hatch And The 4 Door, But I'll Have To Ask About The Carbon Fiber Ones.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-30-2004, 01:53 PM
First off, APC need I say more??

hondamanlxi
04-30-2004, 02:15 PM
beggars cant be chosers! id take a set...oh yeah, i dont need em!

k-roy
04-30-2004, 02:17 PM
First off, APC need I say more??
:werd: The last thing we need is to make our cars look like Civics.
Did you realize that there is like 7 or 8 differant taillight trims between various years and trim levels? I got a better Idea, get REAL EUROPEAN taillights, that way its not :rice:

87-Lx-i-3Dr
04-30-2004, 02:30 PM
bullard, whats the email address? Everyone that wants a set email them. He said that he doesnt get enough request so everyone send them a request.......

MoonScryer
04-30-2004, 04:20 PM
There are 86-87 4dr tails, 88-89 4dr tails, coupe tails, and hatch tails - all are different. Ask them which ones they are willing to make. I doubt I would buy a set, my money goes elsewhere when I have it, but it would be nice to have something.

i.c.
04-30-2004, 05:42 PM
109 is the cheapest?

shit, i can get them for my f-150 for 27 dollars

HondaBoy
04-30-2004, 05:42 PM
most of y'all know i despise APC, but thats their electronic stuff like bulbs. cant say shit about their apearance add ons. theres little to go wrong with tail lights, maybe water leakage or something, but yeah. anyway, i hate to say it, but i'd buy a set. if they are resonablely priced, then yeah, i'd probley get em. i'll see if i can find something that looks like what i'd want.

HondaBoy
04-30-2004, 06:03 PM
heres some styles i'd like to see
these are alright, ive seen them. you could paint them to match your car
http://www.procarparts.com/products/HD01AC-2945ATX.JPG
these might be alright, as long as the red lense is round, not oval which i've seen
http://www.procarparts.com/products/HD92AC-7171ATX.JPG
this would be great, something that looks similar to supra tails, personally my favorite
http://www.procarparts.com/products/AC94IT-7945ATX.JPG
ok, im not a fan of chrome tails. i like black, gun metal, or carbon fiber inside finish. i really like supra style tails. i was going to make some, but i havent had time. i'd made clear ones before. also, i'd like to see some different kinds of corner lights for the 3gee along with better design of bumper lights for all styles. that'd be nice for us guys with the screw on orange bumper lights.

Neuspeed87lx
04-30-2004, 06:14 PM
imo euro tails would look horrible on a 3g ... or any car for that matter

johndej
04-30-2004, 06:30 PM
:rice:

shepherd79
04-30-2004, 06:31 PM
oh hell no. no euro or alteza lights. i am tired of seeing them on civic and all other riced out cars, and now all we need more riced out 3Gs. Hell no.

bullard123
04-30-2004, 06:36 PM
87 LX-I- 3 DOOR THE E-MAIL ADDRESS IS www.4apc.net. I JUST E-MAILED THEM A COUPLE OF MINUTES AGO AND ASKED THEM FOR A E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT WE CAN SEND OUR REQUESTS TO. AS SOON AS I HEAR BACK FROM THEM I'LL LET YOU KNOW.

bullard123
04-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Neuspeed 87 Lx I Think Anything Would Look Better Than Those Stock Tail Lights. Plus You Won't See As Many 3rd Gen Accords With Them As Civics.

bullard123
04-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Honda Boy I Think Those Are Tight. I Think Those Will Make The 3geez Stand Out A Lot.

bullard123
04-30-2004, 07:01 PM
I.c. $109 Is Not The Price For Them. I Was Just Curious To See How Much People Would Pay For Them. I Asked For A Estimate I'll Let Everyone Know When I Hear Back From Them.

i.c.
04-30-2004, 07:09 PM
i might be interested in something like hondaboy posted.....maybe....

DanLXI88
04-30-2004, 07:13 PM
Neuspeed 87 Lx I Think Anything Would Look Better Than Those Stock Tail Lights. .

:flip: I like my tail lights :flipa: I'll like them even better once I get them painted but It would be nice to have a choice though. Right now we pretty much got nothing. And maybe if APC were to make some they could be more original then the ones currently found on the Riced cars :rice:

RobT5580
04-30-2004, 07:33 PM
I hate to say this but this has been tried a number of times and the fact besides your working with a old car is that our taillights are more involved than all other Honda setups. So the cost of even producing a finished product will be more than a conventional set that they have made in the past. Granted APC went out on a limb to make the bumper lenses but i dont see it happening.

HostileJava
04-30-2004, 08:01 PM
http://www.procarparts.com/products/HD01AC-2945ATX.JPG

I like those, I'd be willing to buy a set for my coupe. Honestly they should make them for coupes first and see how popular they are then move onto sedan and eventually hatch.

blazin3gen
04-30-2004, 08:24 PM
shit u know what although i dont like em if they do come out with 3rd gen euros then maybe other companies will see that people actually invest in parts for 3rd gens so fack it im putting my name down

luis - [email protected]

pmip
04-30-2004, 09:27 PM
First of all, I must say I hate euro/altezza/pretty much any aftermarket taillights, and think our stock ones look pretty good (especially painted candy apple red). And while a post like this seems to pop up every other month, I must say I respect you for trying to get specific parts built for the 3g, and give you props for getting off your ass and getting people to notice the 3g as a potential market for "sport-compact" vendors! :bow:

carotman
05-01-2004, 12:25 AM
I already emailed TYC last year asking if they would make taillights for our cars. They already make OEM replacement lights.

All I'm interested in is the RED/Clear taillights. I thought that since they make regular lights, all they would need to do is use a clear plastic for the flashers instead of an orange one... nothing really hard to do. No R&D, no new mold... just a different plastic color.

Well, the answer was a big NO... not enough demand.

Besides, like it's been said, there are 4 different lights available for our cars. Most of the poeple seem to have 4 doors tough...

I'm really NOT interested in those ricey round/carbon/gay/homo taillights that you see all around.

1st, they will surely now flow with the general line of the car.
2nd. their quality will be below average
3rd. that's not gonna happen.

IF, and ONLY IF there were taillights that look like this for my Accord, I would buy them.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/ev/evovector/accord_90_rw_y_ev.jpg

I know I'm being rude but I really think that those lights should be clean and sober... nothing too flashy..

carotman
05-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Rob, speaking of the bumper lens.... I'm sure they will brag about the fact that they don't sell enough of those...

That was pretty stupid of them to make clear bumper lens since all we need to do to have clear lens is pop out our stock ones and remove the orange diffuser in them... free and easy mod...

I can email TYC again with my original request... don't give too much hope in that

Mike's89AccordLX
05-01-2004, 06:36 AM
I'm with carotman on this one. I personally like my all red tails, but a clear/red tails would look really nice and would be kinda classy.

PortugalFocus
05-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Red and clear tails are really nice. My car has them as OEM all red/clear. I am looking for Euro Sedan lights right now that have the amber lens in them for the turn signal.

The pasture is always greener on the other side right?

bullard123
05-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Shepherd 79 I Know People Would Have Mixed Opinions About This. Even Though You Might Not Like The Euros Your Vote Still Counts. If Apc Brings Them In Production Other Vendors Will Get Jealous And Try To Compete. Once That Happens Who Knows Maybe We Will See All Kinds Or Different Taillight Styles For The 3gen Accord. It Might Not Happen Right Away But This Is A Start.

bullard123
05-01-2004, 09:40 AM
Moon Scryer You Bring Up A Good Point There Are A Lot Of Differences In The Stock Taillights In The 3rd Gen Accords I Brung That Up In My E-mail Isent To Apc. You Have The Right Attitude Though, Even Though You Don't Want A Pair Personally You Still Would Like To See A Variety To Choose From. This Is Going Have To Be A Group Effort Though In Order For Them To Be Put In Production.

bullard123
05-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Blazin 3gen Right On Man! You See The Big Picture!

Silver86LX
05-02-2004, 01:42 PM
I think Euro's, Alteza's and any other go faster lights look gay on any car. The last thing we need is some for our cars.

HostileJava
05-02-2004, 02:06 PM
I think Euro's, Alteza's and any other go faster lights look gay on any car. The last thing we need is some for our cars.

Way to contribute to the thread. If you don't like them fine, but I'll take any aftermarket support that we can get.

thegreatdane
05-02-2004, 02:10 PM

Would your life quality suffer alot from the fact that there was a possibility of getting aftermarket taillights?... Maybe you dont feel like buying a pair yourself but why prevent others from being able to get some? Just because others might want to get some wont force you to buy any aftermarket taillights. It's always nice to have your options open.

I would personally be very interested in getting a pair similar to the ones carotman posted. Even if they would cost $300. I think those would flow very good with the original style of the car.

Morpheus
05-02-2004, 03:44 PM
what is wrong with the stock tailights?
Who gives a shit what tailights, or bumpers, or any of that other useless shit you have on the car while you're driving it. Put money into stuff that makes the car better to drive and is less likely to get you pulled over or have attention drawn to yourself by the cops. YOU ARE NOT ENJOYING YOUR RICED OUT INTERIOR WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING THE CAR SO WHAT IS THE POINT?
you people are stupid.

Vinny
05-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Hey morph ya think you could lay off insulting people so much. No offense but this little attitude thing you have going is getting rather annoying. If you have something going on in your life thats making you so pissy could you keep it off the board. And if your just having a heavy flow day get some midol, switch to pads, and lay off the rest of us.

bullard123
05-02-2004, 04:00 PM
The Great Dane I Agree With You 100% Man. Like I Said Earlier I Knew There Would Be Mixed Opinions About This. But We Still Have To Come Together As A Group On This One. People Might Not Like The Euros But They Might Like The Smoke Taillights, Carbon Fiber Taillights, Or The Clear/red Taillights. The Point Is Its Good To Have Your Options Open. There Are Enough People That Have 3rd Gen Accords To Make This Happen. But We All Have To Be On The Same Page.

Bryan
05-02-2004, 04:03 PM
I could spend 109 bucks on something more performance for our cars....don't you think?

carotman
05-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Ok, I jest sent another email to the American TYC distributor... let's seewhat they will do this time.

Here is the answer I got back in March 2002... which is 2 years ago....

Thank you for your interest in our lamps. I see that you have done your homework and found out that we also manufacture the replacement lamps for your vehicle. After reviewing your info you have sparked our interest in manufacturing that item. As of this time, we are working to see what items we will be having out next, and we will put your vehicle as one of the applications. Please check back with us at a later time, as we may have more info at that time. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ron

Neuspeed87lx
05-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Neuspeed 87 Lx I Think Anything Would Look Better Than Those Stock Tail Lights. Plus You Won't See As Many 3rd Gen Accords With Them As Civics.

well its your taste .... but i think euro lights/altezzas on ANY car look cheap and out of place, alot of them dont fit correctly, its not worth it .... your just gona get laughed at, just seeing them on one 3g would be too much, oh well good luck gettin em made ... now the red/clears that carotman posted would look good ..... they wouldnt look out of place like the cheesy altezzas

HostileJava
05-02-2004, 05:37 PM
I think they could look really good on a fully kitted car. I don't think they look very good on any stock cars though. I really think that those that don't like them ought to just stop posting since this thread really doesn't concern you at all.

Busted_Blue
05-02-2004, 05:39 PM
why euros? I Don't see the point. our cars have a more rectangular form and adding cirlces looks funny imo. :)

89AccordLXI666
05-02-2004, 06:38 PM
I personally was planning on custom making the Red/Clear tail lights because they look great and would flow well on the car, also the euro and Altezza ones look nice but I would like to see it happen to see how it looks on our cars, and I'm sure if it were made by APC or any company willing to make em they would come out great and would fit right. But I dunno I most definitly am going for the Red/Clear tails out of anything because I put that into thought of doing that to my car last summer but never got around to it. I am planning on doing this in about 2 weeks or so. When complete I will post pics of it and you guys can be the judge of that, and express your opinions on it. I am going to the junk yard 2 get another set of tail lights and use it to make the Red/Clear that way I don't risk Facking up the ones I have now and not regret it. Lataz

carotman
05-04-2004, 04:52 AM
Well, again, TYC answered me.....

In regards to your inquiry, we unfortunately do not make custom lamps per request. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you.

Jeff Leu
TYC/Genera Corporation, HQ

If everybody wants to try and get them made, I sent the email to the TYC distributor in America which is:

[email protected]

If they see that there is a high demand, they might produce those lights.

There might be other adresses where they can be sent but I don'T have time to look for that.

superaccord
05-04-2004, 06:43 PM
You have got to be kiddding me....hmmm..hate altezzasssss!

lightbulblxi
05-04-2004, 06:59 PM
originally posted by carotman
I already emailed TYC last year asking if they would make taillights for our cars. They already make OEM replacement lights.

All I'm interested in is the RED/Clear taillights. I thought that since they make regular lights, all they would need to do is use a clear plastic for the flashers instead of an orange one... nothing really hard to do. No R&D, no new mold... just a different plastic color.

Well, the answer was a big NO... not enough demand.

Besides, like it's been said, there are 4 different lights available for our cars. Most of the poeple seem to have 4 doors tough...

I'm really NOT interested in those ricey round/carbon/gay/homo taillights that you see all around.

1st, they will surely now flow with the general line of the car.
2nd. their quality will be below average
3rd. that's not gonna happen.

IF, and ONLY IF there were taillights that look like this for my Accord, I would buy them.

I know I'm being rude but I really think that those lights should be clean and sober... nothing too flashy..

i totally agree. i would pay for ones like that definately.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-05-2004, 09:51 AM
carotman I sent them a pretty good email so hopefully others on here will do the same.

cdscowboy
05-05-2004, 10:12 AM
I like the 1st & 3rd ones HondaBoy posted and the ones carotman posted are really clean. I may or may not ever buy any, but I'm more than willing to put in my support to get us aftermarket support. Is going to that website the best way to getin contact with them, or is there an email address that would go right to the request dept.?

Mike's89AccordLX
05-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Ahh this sucks! I just got this email back from them about the taillights.

Dear Mike,

As I have informed another fellow member of your club, we
unfortunately do not offer lamps for that year span Honda Accord. We
are also unable to produce custom lamps by order, due to costs involved.
If you have any questions please let me know. Thank you.

Jeff Leu
TYC/Genera Corporation, HQ
(714) 522-6688 ext.191
[email protected]

Busted_Blue
05-05-2004, 10:29 AM
sucks.:(

carotman
05-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Yup, those "custom" taillights would be easy to do if they were red/clear. They just need to use the same plastic as the backup lights for the turn signals and voilą!

So R&D, no nothing. just use a different color.... my guess is that they just don't want to open the pandora box and start doing stuff for our ca....

AQcz
05-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Damn, I want those

Don't know why people up here like to call everything rice, must be hungry. If you don't like it, that's you. Let the people that do live.

Vanilla Sky
05-07-2004, 04:07 PM
you know, i think i want some altezzas... just so i can piss on them and send them back as defective... this is a step in the wrong direction... if you want homo taillights, talk to the fab 5

bullard123
05-07-2004, 04:27 PM
ALRIGHT GUYS I HAVE SOME DISSAPOINTING NEWS (FOR SOME PEOPLE) I JUST HEARD BACK FROM THE REP I E-MAILED AT APC. I EMAILED HIM TWICE AND THIS IS THE 1ST REPLY I GOT BACK FROM HIM.

CHARLES, THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN APC , BUT UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE NO PLANS FOR THIS PARTICULAR MODEL OF TAILLIGHT. I DO BELIEVE THERE ARE OTHER COMPANIES OUT THERE WHO DO MAKE THESE LIGHTS. WE DO HOWEVER MAKE OTHER ITEMS FOR YOUR CAR THAT ARE AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING ON OUR SITE AT www.4apc.net. THANKS APC

bullard123
05-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Here Is The 2nd Reply I Reciever From The Rep At Apc. Unfortunatrely Our Ceo Is Out Of The Country For The Next Few Weeks (i Asked To Speak With The Ceo About The Taillights) And In Regards To Your Taillights We Currently Have No Plans To Produce This Particular Model Nor Do I See In My System Any Plans To Do So In The Near Future. This Is Not To Say That They Will Never Be Made, We Never Know In This Industry How Cars Popularity Can Jump (look At The Older Nissan 240's And Tpyota Corolla's Because Or Drifting) Up In Demand Because Of The Latest Trend, But We Are Constantly At Car Shows And Tied Into The Car Scene, To Try And Get A Peek At The Next " Big Thing". We Appreciate Your Business And Encourage You To Keep The Aftermarket Alive. Thanks Apc

That's The Response I Got, I Still Want To Speak To The Ceo Though. I Want To Say Thanks To Carortman And Mike's 88 Accord Lx For Trying As Well. But This Isn't To Say I'm Givivg Up On Trying To Get The Aftermarket Support For Our Cars. At Least The Word Is Out That (some Of Us) Want Aftermarket For Our Cars. Alright Guys Tell Me What You Think.