PDA

View Full Version : Idea for NOS plate???

Magny
04-30-2004, 09:52 PM
hey guys, I was thinkin, there is that one plate that can be a possible donor for making a NOS jetting system to. It may not work, but its just a thought. I have a diagram here to show so you can see what plate I am talking about.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13SE00_D09.gif

Its item number 3 on the chart. So what do you guys think??? Do-able??? I might get one of those peices from the junk yard and drill some holes into the sides to see if it will work, but if you guys think there could be insulation in there for the heating element (from what I heard) then I don't want to do this. Either that or I can buy a steel plate made to the exact dimensions but a little smaller in thickness just enough for the piping to fit, even the fittings ofr the fuel and NOS taps.

A20A1
04-30-2004, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't use it... it's the efe plate... and it's most likely just laminated instead of a stronger mix of resin and the fiber stuff they use.
You can easily inject nos with the stock carb, just hook up the jet to a drilled out secondary venturi vacuum port on the carb... it feeds both barrels of the carb or you can plug one port in the primary barrel if you want it to feed just the secondary barrel. You'd have to convert to manual secondary though.

Magny
04-30-2004, 10:23 PM
so that plate is useless then, what about using a plate in place of it??? wouldn't that work??? or does it have to have the efe there??? i thought the coolant that passes through the block there where it sits on, does the heating of the fuel mixture for the atomization??? if it does, then I don't think that efe is really needed.

A20A1
05-01-2004, 12:25 AM
the coolant heats the manifold and flows thru a tinly hole in the efe plate to the carb... but like durring startup the fuel is electronicly heated as well... yes you can make a plate... and you'll gain a good amount of flow since you'll dump the restriction from the efe screen. it's good to have for emissions though.

If you make a plate i would first block off the coolant port in the intake manifold so you don't have to bother heating the carb since plenty of heat will be transferred from the plate to the carb from the manifold... the efe was an insulator.

shepherd79
05-01-2004, 04:13 AM
you better off just drill two holes (cylinders1-2 and 3-4) in manifold itself. tap them and use 20-25 shots each to spray directly into the motor. make sure it is wet kit or you will be running lean.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-01-2004, 07:06 AM
Personally I would buy a weber 32/36 and buy the nitrous plate that is already made for that carb. I mean if you can afford nitrous you should be able to afford a weber and the plate.

-Mike

Magny
05-03-2004, 10:38 AM
so if I swap my carb out for a weber, is there a way to keep the emissions the same for california standards??? or will the swap be not acceptable to keep the emission standards. I don't want to fail 2 years later when I have to retest.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Well if you're worried about emissions and want to do performance stuff then you better just buy another car. If you're just planning on adding NOS to make you go faster then you're waiting for a wake up call. I'd give it about a bottle and a half before you blow your motor and then you will be SOL.

This car will not be fast without heavy modifications. I know my car would not pass emissions b/c it's got just about heavy modification that I can afford right now. And I still get beat a lot. I don't have N2O yet but at least my motor will be able to handle it when I do decide to get it. Just adding N2O is a bad thing and I'm not going to lie to you and say do it you will get so much power and be the fastest person on the streets. To be fast you need a big shot of N2O. 100-200 shot (and still some cars would kick your ass) But if you were to do that big of a shot of N2O you will probably blow your stock more in like 4 seconds.

-Mike

A20A1
05-03-2004, 10:50 AM
you'll fail visual... I was looking over the car again and saw the Fuel vapor line from the charchoal canister... that feeds into the primary barrel... I guess you could use that as well.