PDA

View Full Version : so my car didn't pass inspection.....

Imran
05-01-2004, 10:08 AM
I gave it in yesterday for inspection and the guy said there's just too much wrong with it... the muffler has holes in it.. the pipe is breaking apart.. oh and also there are a cpuple of holes under the body in the rear wheel well... the front passenger side bearings are going. the rear sway bar has some problem with it .. when i make a turn the back end sways a little... the guy said it will cost about $500 to get all of this fixed. but he being a nice guy said i could just risk driving without inspection and also he didn't even charge me $21.95 for the inspection. So now i don't know what i am gonna do with it. i don't have 500 bucks to put in the car.. and i don't know how will i sell it if i have to with all these problems

Morpheus
05-01-2004, 10:43 AM
can of body foam will solve the body problems.
Buy the exhaust from napa or something and put in on yourself, it's not that hard and saves you alot of money, breaking the rusted bolts is the hardest part, but besides that its a cakewalk if you can get access to a lift or you can get a jack and some jackstands. the rear sway bar? that's not anything critical, just take it out and figure it out later. It sounds like its not that simple though, maybe your rear suspension is screwed up. I dunno about the bearings, mine had the same problem before I got rid of it.

shepherd79
05-01-2004, 02:01 PM
all that should not cause you to fail the inspection.
take it to another inspection station.
take it to some one who doesn't look around much, just kicks the tires and checkes the lights.

Imran
05-02-2004, 10:02 AM
thanx morpheus for all your suggestion... but the problem is that i live in an apartment and i don't even have a garage of my own... on top of that getting a hold of the tools is kinda hard here ... i'll probably end up selling it to one of the mechanics here...unless you guys want some parts out of it.... i'll let you guys know when i plan on getting rid of it...

oh and shepherd.. hehe ... the guy i took it to usually doesn't look around much and just passes it but i guess mine has a lot more wrong with it...

Oh and recently there is a new problem with the car....When i go uphill sometimes the car stalls and then the engine dies... it sounds like its out of gas but after that if i start it starts and then is fine... do you guys know what might be the thing here....???

johndej
05-02-2004, 06:37 PM
hmm.......... nothing a junkyard trip and a bit of work can't fix. i think all you'll need to do to get it passed is fix the exhaust and holes in the underbody (they get picky on that cause gases can get into the car and fuck you up)

HostileJava
05-02-2004, 09:00 PM
How far away are you from Easton, I can hook you up with someone for inspection :D

Imran
05-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Hostile i am about 5 hours away from you, i don't think i can make all the way there with the condition of my car, its just not pasing inspection that's the problem, these are the problems that this guy here found out. but apart from that the CV joints are screwed, my gas tank leaks and the new problem that i mentioned above " stalls and the engine dies going uphill" also if i do 70 on the highway my car starts fishtailing for no reason. don't know wats causing that.

thanx a lot though.