PDA

View Full Version : I Think My Brakes Are Screwed!

HondaBoy
05-01-2004, 10:42 AM
well, i'd known i need new pads but i didnt have the money at the time, so i put it off. now they are grinding which means the pad material has run out. i already needed to replace those rotors. they have been scored and are unbalanced. so i dont feel too bad. no wonder the pads didnt last as long as they should have. well, rotors and pads arent expensive. probley wont have to spend more than $50 on the front. i'm just going to get stock replacements for now. i wont be getting those shitty Albany brand pads from Autozone again. those sucked ass and didnt last long.

HondaBoy
05-01-2004, 05:20 PM
well, i take that back. my brakes arent screwed. i hadnt looked at the brakes till today. so i tried looking through the "window" in the caliper, but i wasnt able to see the outside pad. i took the caliper off and well, the problem was just the pad. it was worn down. i went and bought some OEM replacement kind for now. $15.99 at O'rielly. i did the break in stops from 25 and 30 mph. now its stoppin good and doesnt grind or squeel. i know i should have gotten the rotors turned, but im ordering new performance upgrade rotors and pads. im looking for whats the best, so i'll probley check out what some of the other members have. also, this got me to buy a torque wrench. $19.95 at Sears.

accordlxi2.0
05-01-2004, 06:22 PM
i go by when my brake fluid light come's on, that mean's either the front or back are needing to be changed . . . .

HondaBoy
05-01-2004, 10:05 PM
hey, your right on that. ive never seen the brake fluid light, maybe mine doesnt have one. i know every time it needs new brakes, the light for the hand brake will stay on due to low fluid level. i'll keep that in mind next time so not to almost ruin the rotors.