PDA

View Full Version : Honda racing motor?

od2681
05-02-2004, 04:53 PM
welll for a couple of days ive been thinking about the second gen prelude and the 3rd gen accord. both of them have the same motor and i was wonderin that if there was ever an official honda racing team who raced on the circuit using the 3g or the 2g prelude. They must have had a specially tuned version of the a20a3. So if they had those motors, maybe they have em lyin around in Japan in some garage and it will be cool to get your hands on one of those motors. It will be cool if someone could look into that..maybe we can have a whole new level of tuning. 200hp NA motors??...you never know.

A20A1
05-02-2004, 05:27 PM
damn at first I thought you were wanting an F1 motor... 17,000 rpm redline... or thereabouts. :D

I'm sure they raced the B20 maybe since that was the most powerful motor in the accord at the time perhaps... i don't know about the A20... maybe look for racing events concurent with the time the car was made.

SteveDX89
05-02-2004, 05:54 PM
200hp NA motors??

Welcome to the land of the B-series.

od2681
05-02-2004, 06:01 PM
well this thought came about watchin old episodes of intial d when he gets that 240hp NA motor...you know...so i wondered maybe honda did the same with the 2g lude ...11000 rpm a20a3...haha that would be crazy as hell

88accordhb
05-02-2004, 08:31 PM
well this thought came about watchin old episodes of intial d when he gets that 240hp NA motor...you know...so i wondered maybe honda did the same with the 2g lude ...11000 rpm a20a3...haha that would be crazy as hell
haha highly doubt it. yo i remember taht on initial d too! when he blows the old 4age. bunta gets him that new motor. yo he say like "izusu racing motor" soo i was hella confused cuz you know it's a toyota and stuff. i dont get it. but yah that anime is tight.

od2681
05-02-2004, 08:46 PM
maybe hes talkin bout a racetrack or somethin...
hey youve seen stage four...only two episodes are out...its crazy...you have to watch that
i tried searchin anythin on honda racing..a site came up in japanese so i couldnt go around it..and only found history for motorcycle racing

smufguy
05-06-2004, 10:11 AM
haha highly doubt it. yo i remember taht on initial d too! when he blows the old 4age. bunta gets him that new motor. yo he say like "izusu racing motor" soo i was hella confused cuz you know it's a toyota and stuff. i dont get it. but yah that anime is tight.

Its a TRD tuned 4AGE family motor found in the AE101. They have individual throttle bodies stock and can crank out amazing power. The only problem is, they are good for racing where you constantly on and off throttle which is within the power band and its quite high compared to street driving.