PDA

View Full Version : technical

YoNkErZAcCoRdLxi
05-03-2004, 04:44 AM
sup! i just put pacesetter armor coated headers in my car....the people that put them in messed up the job. first off....my car is losing power its bogging down hesitating...i feels like it wants to go but it dont. when pace set the headers they had two ports 4 the egr line one 4 the f.i model and one for the carb. model...my car is f.i...ok they plugged the carb.port with a glob of metal and hook the egr line to the f.i model port....only thing is the port from the factory 4 the f.i model didn't have a hole....i dove my car 4 a day like that....then i called pacestter and they told me that they should of drilled a hole.....i thought for sure that would fix the problem...so i went back got it drilled and the car is still shot!!!!!!.....my Q. is by me driving it hooked up to nothing would the emissions back up in my itake monifoled and mess up the egr valve? sorry 4 the long post any one have answers? :sad2:

86LXItooFAST4me
05-03-2004, 06:00 AM
um, im confused, lol. who did you have work on your car? and what year is your FI car?

Rendon LX-i
05-03-2004, 08:18 AM
I was going to say the same thing 86LXitooFast4me CONFUSED. First off pacesettler made a header that fits carb and FI in one deal. Dum but they did. 86-87 lxi since u have FI have only ONE O2 senser and ONE EGR pipe. If u have carb your going to have 2 EGR pipes so your going to need both the small plug and the big ass one. If u have a 88-89 model Lxi then u going to have One EGR pipe plus 2 O2 sensers. So what your saying is confusing me. What i did just plug THe big hole and one of the O2 sensers since i have a 86 LX-i. So i would double check that first man. What Year of Accord DO YOU HAVE? And what MODEL? LX-i, DX, LX

YoNkErZAcCoRdLxi
05-03-2004, 08:35 AM
i have a 89 lxi hatchback 5speed.......i have two sensors and one egr line.....i plugged the big hole and the egr line is running to the other hole......it feels like i lost power...i don't what (meineke<<) didnt to my car....maybe the one of o2 sensors went bad.....i know there not put in good....and its leaking from the egr line(the bolt that goes to the header)........kinda feels like sumthing is clogged...i confused myself

86LXItooFAST4me
05-03-2004, 09:19 AM
lol, we are all confused! take some pictures, maybe that will help.

A20A1
05-03-2004, 10:47 AM
It's not an EGR line its an air suction pipe... which goes to the AS valve on the carbed cars.

Gasses from the exhaust travel to the intake manifold thru the EGR pipe, so having the EGR not hooked up would not clog the EGR vlave, however you may lose manifold vacuum if the exhaust side of the EGR valve is not sealed properly when the valve is open. That could cause your car to run like crap... also I would check to see if your ECU is throwing any codes.

YoNkErZAcCoRdLxi
05-03-2004, 11:39 AM
ok thanx people