PDA

View Full Version : ok i still confused...

BKKloppenborg
05-03-2004, 10:45 AM
ok i still confused... I know i will get the B20a and convert car to EFI carb, then get the stuff i need to do swap. With this engine its the one on far left http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/about.html I heard half and half about yes you can put Vtec on it and other half said you can't. But anyways if i put this engine in and Get a Turbo on it, EFI carb Catback system with Magnaflow and some other mods. Would it be worth it to put Vtec on it...

SteveDX89
05-03-2004, 10:49 AM
You can do it but the machine work required will not be worth it. If you're putting a turbo on it, you don't need VTEC.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-03-2004, 10:51 AM
From what I heard it's a pain in the ass to convert to a VTEC and the gains that Ludespeed got were minimal. If you did all that and had a turbo on it just add some N2O instead of a VTEC it would be much easier to do. I would suggest getting a Custom Exhaust system with 3" tubes if you get a turbo.

-Mike

dXsquared
05-03-2004, 12:51 PM
theres no such thing as EFI carb lol

Travis

shepherd79
05-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Bkk, i can't believe you are back to your regular routine of asking questions.
just PM some one who knows about cars and you can ask him all you want unless they get tired.

BKKloppenborg
05-03-2004, 01:06 PM
Bkk, i can't believe you are back to your regular routine of asking questions.
just PM some one who knows about cars and you can ask him all you want unless they get tired.

I did pm someone who did the B20 swap yesterday and they still haven't replayed. :sad2: Ok i will stop posting.

jigga89SEi
05-03-2004, 01:12 PM
I may have been misinformed... But I was told that the B20 block that came in the ludes & cords were not compatible with newer B-series VTEC heads... Any one with more info?

SteveDX89
05-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I may have been misinformed... But I was told that the B20 block that came in the ludes & cords were not compatible with newer B-series VTEC heads... Any one with more info?

You are correct.

BKKloppenborg
05-03-2004, 02:01 PM
You can do it but the machine work required will not be worth it. If you're putting a turbo on it, you don't need VTEC.

You are correct

???

speedpenguin
05-03-2004, 02:46 PM
i remember asking about this the last time you posted something about a fuel-injected carb. there is no such thing. your car is either fuel-injected or carbureted, not both.
i think it's time to do some research if you're going to convert your car to EFI, because you're in for a few surprises if you try to just convert your carburetor.

so true.
from what i hear, when shops to turbo installs on hondas they usually take out the VTEC if the car already has it. power gains with VTEC if you have a turbo will be minimal, and not worth the time and money.

1988starter
05-03-2004, 05:13 PM

Travis

I have sceen a turbo carb running both webbers and injectors

speedpenguin
05-04-2004, 10:42 AM
I have sceen a turbo carb running both webbers and injectors
so how does it work?

ET2
05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
If you are turbo charging a weber setup its a good idea so you don't run lean on the top end and blow the engine, check it out
http://up.edu/~midehara/index.htm

88accordhb
05-04-2004, 09:27 PM
i think the crv b20 is compatable with vtec head, not the b20a that comes from jdm 3g. or so someone said on bkk's first engine swap post. dude bkk just save up your money, get an importer to get you a good b20a, rebuild it, efi swap your carb and turbo it no. NVN:no v-tec necessary. v-tec is just like a miniturbo, so if you gonna get turbo, why vtec-it? i know it'll take awhile to finish this settup but i'll bet on my grandma's grave, it's gonna kick some ass. I'm gettin closer and closer to the point where i'm just gonna save my car untill i get out of college and do this set up. or, you know wat? just save yourself the time, sell the carb and get an lx-i. from wat i heard, swappin out the carb to get fuel-injection is a pain is the arse.

88accordhb
05-04-2004, 09:34 PM
haha and btw: just post watever you want, it's a dang forum man, that's wat it's for. if people don't like your post, then they should just buttout. i know when people pm me to ask questions, it's koo at first but then i gets annoying a little, but i still like to give my imputs you know?

SteveDX89
05-05-2004, 02:09 AM
from wat i heard, swappin out the carb to get fuel-injection is a pain is the arse.

Not really hard, just time consuming. I'm working on that now and the worst problems I've got to is stuck nuts and bolts but most I have eventually gotten once I've said enough bad words.

88accordhb
05-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Not really hard, just time consuming. I'm working on that now and the worst problems I've got to is stuck nuts and bolts but most I have eventually gotten once I've said enough bad words.
hahahah freak nuts and bolts are the gayest, especially on exhaust when they get all rusted and poop color. i really wanna do efi too, but scared to death of the wiring i'm really bad on electrical stuff. but fuel injection opens up the window for many good things such as engine swaps and turbo. I'm not really keen on these turbo carbs.

speedpenguin
05-05-2004, 03:26 PM
wiring shouldn't be too hard.
you're just replacing the harness.
if you're worried about complications in other areas just get sean's EFI kit

SteveDX89
05-05-2004, 03:50 PM
You don't have to do anything electrical, just replace one harness with another. If you can remember where all the plugs go, you're set.

88accordhb
05-05-2004, 08:09 PM
where can i find an fuel injector and how much will it run me?