PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!!!!!!!this Is For Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!

InfinityAudioLXi
05-03-2004, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Hey I like the way you cleared your corner lights, how did you manage that? Guess I'll have to take a closer look at mine.

What you need to BUY:
Clear Acrylic Flourescent Light Housing Cover stuff
Clear Silicon Glue (make sure it is waterproof)

You also need a dremel tool and cutting disks.

Hey Wazzup! Sorry it took such a long time for my REPLY, I recently got a truck and have been so damn buzy trying to make it run somewhat close to my 3G. But NEwayz it is a somewhat simple project if you have the right tools to make the corner lights clear. Just take a dremel tool, w/ the cutting blade, and carefully cut out the orange insert (it is merely glued in). BUT...Make sure that you do not cut ANY of the other plastic because then it will look crappy and you may get a leak or two. I then went to Home Depot and purchased some clear flourescent light fixture covering. Ya know that lights in the kitchens, ur just buying the plastic, or acrylic (which is what i used). It comes in a sheet like 3'x5' or something like that so you will definitely have enough to play with. So once you have cut out the orange piece you will take that and try to trace it on the clear acrylic, which you just bought, so that it will fit exactly how the orange piece did in the light housing. Then you will take the clear silicone glue and make a good bead around the opening where you will place ur new clear corner lens. You will want to make sure that the glue is as even as possible because you do not want ANY water leaks! Once you have made the clear corner lens and placed the glue on the housing carefully place the new clear lens on the glue. Let dry and Viola! You have some tight A$$ clear corners for like $15. Also since you did such a good job you make as well treat yourself to some new PIAA 168 PLATINUM SUPER WHITE BULBs. But if you want some clear front turn signal lights, its easy as well. Just take ur dremel took cut the glue between the already clear lens and housing so that the lens will fall off. DO NOT CUT THE LENS! JUST THE GLUE! Then just pop out that little orange thing and use your silicone glue to make another perfect bead around the housing. Next slap that clear lens on there and Viola! U've also got a pair of clear front turn signals! You should also buy urself a pair of PIAA 1156 BULB: XTREME WHITE (PAIR) bulbs. I have purchased all of my bulbs from: www.optauto.com But anyways! If you need more help just let me know!
:mod: