PDA

View Full Version : Got rear ended.... sort of

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Yep, somebody finally bumped into me. Luckily for me all it did was put a couple scuffs and scratches on the bumper, but the other 2 vehicles hit HARD, and I wouldn't be suprised if both were totalled. It happened on Friday, I was coming home from school, traffic in front of me stopped so I obviously was sitting there stopped too. This is on a 6 lane road, and I'm in the middle of the 3 westbound lanes. The cars behind me left a gap cuz there was a sidestreet right behind me, and a girl in a black 2000 Ford Focus was turning left coming from the eastbound lane, so turning right behind me. Since the traffic left a gap, she thought it was all clear so she started to go, but didn't see the red Nissan hardbody p/u flying along in the right lane. I'm sitting there and and all of a sudden I hear this loud ass BOOM!! and SCREECH and I look in my mirror and see this black car flying all over the place, then I feel it bump into me. I was like "oh f**k", not because I was hit but because I knew a bad wreck just happened and I got dragged into the middle of it. So I get out to see if everybody is ok.... the poor girl in the Focus was shaking like crazy and could barely talk, she was just like "I can't get out, I can't get my door open!" (the fender was pushed back so door woudn't open). Both airbags were popped, which also busted the windshield. I went over to the guy in the truck and he was speechless for a moment or two, but otherwise ok. Called 911 and about 4 cops and an ambulance were there within minutes. While the cops were taking everybodys info down, I was looking at the cars. The focus was hit bad... the truck hit it straight on the passenger front corner, busted both fenders up, hood all messed up, grille went flying, whole headlight popped out and laying on the ground, coolant steaming everywhere, lower balljoint/control arm broke on pass front and wheel sitting like "/", and it pulled the axle right out of the tranny and laying on the ground. The whole front end of the truck was smashed in and pushed down, fenders and all, and flattened a couple tires. They ended up hauling the girl into the ambulance on a stretcher. So yea, it was a pretty big mess, and since it was about 5:30 pm and we were blocking both right lanes of 3, it made for a nice traffic mess too, LOL. I had my digicam, but didn't think it appropriate to be snapping pictures, considering I wasn't 'seriously' involved. Anyways, that's my excitment for the week. Now I gotta see how much $$$ I can get for this bumper, heh. I do hope the other 2 people were ok though....

MrBen
05-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Oh man! You were so lucky... sucks for everyone else involved. Your 3g is a miracle on wheels... nearing 400,000 miles and not so much as a serious accident. Amazing. Glad you're okay.

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Dude, lucky ain't the word! Let me explain.... this road I was on I'm only on for a short distance, cuz only a few blocks further I turn right. Since I'm only on for a short time I usually stay in the right lane the whole time, but this particular day (and this is the first time I'd seen this on this road), I was cruising along in the right lane, and ahead a little ways I saw a semi-type truck stopped in the right lane with his flashers on (unloading stuff or something), so I quickly jumped over to the center lane to go around. I get past him but hadn't gotten over to the right yet cuz traffic was slowing down and stopping. That's when this happened. Had I not been in the center lane, more than likely I would have been in place of the red truck. YIKES!! That scares me to think easily I could have seriously crashed. Guess somebody's looking out for me after all!

MrBen
05-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Wow... keep doing what you're doing, because whatever it is, it's working for you.

HostileJava
05-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Wow sucks, luckily it wasnt anything major. I would have taken pictures of the whole thing regardless if I was involved or not.

johndej
05-03-2004, 05:59 PM
damn, walked away w/ barly a scratch. did the cops have to enterview you? or just let you go?

XxDark_AccordxX
05-03-2004, 06:34 PM
talk about luck. Im glad ur okay and was able to walk away with a scratch..literally

BKKloppenborg
05-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Wow that happned to me 2 lol same exact thing the marks look the same as mine. A bus hit me when i was driving HOnda 3g are pretty damn strong i though their would be more dammage because 1 it was a bus two because he was going about 20-25 when he hit me....

Vinny
05-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Good thing you have tape on the "crucial areas" of the car or who knows what might have happened :D Seriously though glad you're OK Jared and glad the car didn't take the brunt of it

86LXi|JustONE
05-03-2004, 11:20 PM
dude you ever watch final destination 2?

lmao thats what this sounds like...crazy man hope the other 2 are alright and yourself as well. my reguards.