PDA

View Full Version : Easy Place to get Power for Fog lights?

fuzzy audio
05-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey all, I'm wondering if there is a good place BESIDES the battery to get power for my Pilot Fog lights?

Thanks!

Fuzzy

SteveDX89
05-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Get a relay. It will have 4 pins on it. One for battery, one for a turn on, one to the lights and one for ground. I have my turn on lead hooked up with my windshield wipers. This way I can't leave them on by accident.

fuzzy audio
05-03-2004, 06:11 PM
relay? can u explain more? Mine came with a switch. I was just reading about wiring them to the side markers. Anyone know an easy way to do htis, or will i have to splice into the side marker wiring?

1988starter
05-03-2004, 06:13 PM
I have mine hooked up to a relay then low beams so they are only on with the lows and are more legal because they are off with the highs

fuzzy audio
05-03-2004, 06:14 PM
should i just goto the autoparts store and ask for a relay?

I'm such a noob!

1988starter
05-03-2004, 06:28 PM
I know autozone sells headlight wiring kits with a relay included

fuzzy audio
05-03-2004, 07:57 PM
ok, i went to the store and got a relay. but i realized I never got my first question answered. Where do I get power from?

MY Pilot wiring all ready has a fuse on it. If I need to I can put the fuse on the other side where the power goes from the battery to the fuse to the relay to the wiring for the lights. or can i just keep the fuse where it is and have battery to the relay to the fuse to the lights?

SteveDX89
05-04-2004, 02:10 AM
You will have a wire that goes from the battery to one pin on the relay. That should have a fuse. You will a wire that goes from your turn on source to another pin. You can get that power source from anywhere. Like I said, mine comes from my windshield wipers. That wire should have a fuse. The ground wire and the wire to the fog lights don't need fuses. See if you can take the relay back and try to find a fog light wiring kit. I found mine at Pep Boys. It included all the wires and the relay. You can just hang onto the wires that came with the fog lights for an emergency or something.

1988starter
05-04-2004, 08:05 AM
low beams and battery for me