PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation... need help please!

Stantastic
05-04-2004, 06:21 AM
I have an 88 Accord LX. So anyways, if I push my pedal too hard my car begins to hesitate, 'chug' and rapidly lose power. Could this be my O2 sensor? My induction being dirty? Carb problem?

Please note, it shouldn't be the distrubuter cap, rotors or wires, as I just changed all of those. What are the chances it's a spark plug? any?

Also, is there any way for me to clean my induction without paying someone? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

paynt3r
05-04-2004, 07:12 AM
I had the same problem. I had already replaced the cap-rotor-wires-plugs-filters-and injectors. Then someone here on the board suggested the O2 sensors, and that did it. Now it runs Beautifully! I say go with the O2 sensors.

A20A1
05-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Carb problem, check out this thread and see if it sounds simmilar to your problem.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=8972

Stantastic
05-04-2004, 03:37 PM
It does sound similiar. Last week my car mysteriously overheated as well (Well, i shut my baby off before she got to hot, but the temp was gettin there) It ahsn't done that before or since, and i've driven it a good amount.

It could be a carb problem, but how would i diagnose it specifically?

Stantastic
05-08-2004, 09:00 AM
little help please? :stick:

HondaBoy
05-08-2004, 10:12 AM
things i'd think of are your carb is for one, old. its probley a little dirty. spraying some carb cleaner in there will do wonders in bringing a little performance back. it can help get the gunk out smoothing out the insides and free up any sticking parts. O2 sensor is something to look at getting also. i need one i know, just havent bought it because its not really bad on my car. considering your car is about 15 years old, i'd say it could be those two things. try with some carb cleaner first. also, try checking your vacuum lines on the carb. if any of those is cracked or has a hole, it wont create vacuum. i fixed that on my car, it was a hose with a hole in it. i got a 2 ft length of hose the same size and cut it to fit. i have hose left over if i need some later on. all things i listed will create hessitation when giving it gas.

Stantastic
05-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Thanks. I actually just cleaned my carb today. Man, you can really feel the difference. Unfortunately it didn't fux the problem. I'm going to check into the rest. Anyone know how I can trick the computer into a diagnostic mode and what flashes might mean what...?

Mac
05-09-2004, 06:42 AM
There is a sticky in the EFI section
check here

HondaBoy
05-09-2004, 11:18 AM
did you check your vacuum lines on the carb? i'm serious, that can be what will make wierd shit happen.