PDA

View Full Version : rusted rotors

superaccord
05-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Hey guys. I got some rear disk brakes from an se-i and the disks are pretty rusted, i was wondering if you recommend gettng new rotors or do u think that it would be okay just to swap it straight accross?

Vinny
05-04-2004, 07:47 PM
I would never use used pads on a car and wouldn't use rotors unless they had been taken in and turned . Brakes aren't something to play around with. If you are going to use them I would suggest new pads and at the very minimum having the rotors turned if there is still enough material left to have them done

HondaBoy
05-04-2004, 07:54 PM
since they are the rear disks, i'd say you can almost certainly get those fixed up. rear rotors usually dont get anywhere as much use as the fronts. still, what you'd want to do is take them to a brake shop or any reliable shop that turns rotors. although, you can get some new ones, but i'd save my money and see if those can be refinished. but you should know dont swap them on before getting them refinished. hope they are good.

AccordEpicenter
05-04-2004, 08:08 PM
measure them and turn em... if theyre close to minimum thickness just get new ones

superaccord
05-05-2004, 02:41 PM
hey...thanks...good idea...i'll go do that...
thanks you guys...

grsmnky33
05-05-2004, 08:48 PM
just get new ones..........they're about 25-30 dollars each.....

Vinny
05-06-2004, 03:53 AM
new rotors are almost 50 bucks each for raybestos, I just bought all 4 for the hatch. Unfortunately they don't make cheapo rotors for the SE-i rears like they do the fronts. Fronts you can get for 17ish bucks at advance or parts america, rears are quite a bit more