PDA

View Full Version : how much would you pay?

lightbulblxi
05-04-2004, 08:56 PM
well, i have some bills i need to pay, mostly fines, and i am thinkin of gettin a mini truck. i was just woundering how much you would pay for my car. here is what is done to it.

1988 accord lxi
185,000 mi.
clutch is great yet, no problems what so ever with engine or drivetrain
basic rust on rear fenders
interior is great

dropzone coilovers
pacesetter cat back exhaust with ebay muffler
short ram intake
blaster SS coil
crane cams 11mm plug wires
denso platinum plugs
custum mounted gauges
rear strut bar
sylvania silverstar headlights
fog lights
indiglo gauges
clear bumper lights from procarparts

EDIT: i forgot to list that i also have the 4 wheel disc brake conversion.

this is the basics of my car, i have some other minor shit done to it. the car is in great condition, and had no problems so far, i am the second owner. there are som old pics here (http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/488241) . i was just wondering how much you guys would offer for a car like this.

88accordhb
05-04-2004, 09:51 PM
it depends on where you live, i think in bay area, i'd pay 2000 since it does have 185k on it which is basically all i'm lookin for (low milage for me is 100k or less, i know it's hard to find on a 3g) although i have seen people in my area sell crappier ones for 3500.

86LXi|JustONE
05-04-2004, 10:20 PM
hmm same 2000 - 1500....wont get much out here...prolly get the same for a stock one rather then a race inspired 3g cause people use 3gs as reliable commuter(sp?) vehicles.

Cyric_accord
05-04-2004, 11:04 PM
well, this is wisconsin, not the bay area... so I would have to gander like 1500 at the most.

If you can't sell it, I might be willing to buy it from ya this summer for like $1200 since it is a 5-speed and looks to be in better condition then mine. :)

DeathRat
05-05-2004, 04:33 AM
You have to remember that most others (non-3geezer's) will only see your car as a modified "stock" car & pay either the same as a stock model or maybe even less. I've modified cars before & sold them. My past transactions show that most will not like to pay more for a car that has been modified unless they actually know what modifications have been done are actually benifit the car's performance. Also most buyers don't care for modifications at all unless they're looking for a car like that in the first place. So unless you target buyers actually looking for a modified 3rd gen Accord, you will not get what you paid into it as a sale price.

cvergi01
05-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Off topic, but where'd you get the gauge cluster?

lightbulblxi
05-05-2004, 10:05 AM
what do you mean "gauge cluster?"

cvergi01
05-05-2004, 10:36 AM
tach, speedo, fuel, temp....the indiglo gauges

Strahan
05-05-2004, 12:27 PM
DeathRat is right.. for the most part, yours mods may actually drive away buys. Stuff like the windshield vinyl and uniwiper would turn me off from a car. Best "mods" to help sell cars is a paintjob, wheels and a good detailing. I'd pay $800-$1000 for it.

lightbulblxi
05-05-2004, 12:47 PM
i got the gauges from www.procarparts.com. they are the reverse gauges. right now, i have gotten rid of the uni wiper and the banners are gone.