PDA

View Full Version : Head lights won't come on...

crwa
05-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Here's my problem- My head lights won't turn on. They flip up, but don't come on, but they will turn on if I hit or tap the piece that turns to turn them on on the steering column. They worked fine before, but I tried to install an aftermarket steering wheel and after I took it off I noticed the problem, so my guess is that the hub, when I tightened it down tweeked a wire inside the column...

So how should I go about fixing this??? I don't want to have to smack stuff around every time I need to turn my head lights on... the parking lights are fine, its just the head lights that are being weird...

My emergency lights were messed up to, but I smacked the steering column around, literally, and now they are back to normal...

Any advice that is serious would be appreciated...

cvergi01
05-05-2004, 01:48 PM
if you have the time, follow the headlight wire down the column and see what you got...that's all I can give you......did you try a search?

T-Funk
05-05-2004, 03:00 PM
i just went to the junkyard and grabbed an assembly for like 5 bucks when mine started doing that

Mike's89AccordLX
05-05-2004, 03:14 PM
Yeah it's most likely the headlight combo switch mine went out last year and I have been noticing lately some members switches going bad.

-Mike

AccordEpicenter
05-05-2004, 07:13 PM
make sure the wiring harness at the lights in the bucket is good, ive had both of my wires break off so lights no worky

paullouisf
02-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Is that section of the harness replaceable? The passenger side headlight is not working and I have traced it to area. If you play with the plug that attaches to the headlight it will come on and off. Any ideas on how to repair this?

make sure the wiring harness at the lights in the bucket is good, ive had both of my wires break off so lights no worky

HondaBoy
02-16-2005, 10:53 AM
from what you said, it sound like maybe a wire connection is not connected right. try unplugging the switch assembly and plug it back in. see if that'll fix it. from what you say that's what it sounds like. if that doesnt work, you might have damaged the switch or connection sometime. if thats true, then get another one from the junk yard. it sounds like it has to be just inside the car, has to be something you disconnected before or got pulled somehow.

shepherd79
02-16-2005, 12:42 PM
it is a very common thing for steering wheel hub to go out.
you need to get the whole thing. it will come with wires, and everything else. it is about 1 hour job with breaks but it may be better than messing around with the one you got.

great86er
02-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Don't forget, with our cars it's very common for the wiring to break about 6-8 inches from the plug behind the headlight. it's all due to the up and down headlight motion. If thats the prob. all you'll need is some wire, solder gun, heat shrink easy 20 min fix max.