PDA

View Full Version : Lambo Doors?

Mattphi
05-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Anyone here done Lambo doors on a 3gee? Are they poissible to make without spending like way over $1,000? Anyone knows anything let me know i would love to do this conversion. Any info would be great. I am wanting to do it on my own without spending a fortune. Either way i am planning on doing it this summer. Thanks :rockon:

johndej
05-05-2004, 03:42 PM
i don't know if i'd trust those kits, our doors seem pritty heavy and i wouldn't want one falling on me.

shepherd79
05-05-2004, 04:30 PM
there is no way you can do without spending over $1000 on that.
just the kit cost more than that.

Mattphi
05-05-2004, 04:41 PM
ive seen the kits on ebay for as low as 650

shepherd79
05-05-2004, 04:45 PM
ok, but how do you know they are strong enough to hold up to the weight of the 3G door?
plus are you going to do all the work yourself. since no one makes them for our cars, this means a hole lot of custom cutting and welding.

Mattphi
05-05-2004, 05:08 PM
it was just an idea...i thought its be tyte on a 3gee, i know it'd be alot of work but well worth it, i think, if it came thru

shepherd79
05-05-2004, 05:14 PM
i know it will look very nice on 3G coupe, but i am sure it will look good on 4 door too.
if you can pull it off, all power to you.

Volitech
05-05-2004, 05:20 PM
ive seen the kits on ebay for as low as 650

DO NOT BUY ANY LAMBO DOOR KIT OFF EBAY!!!!!!!!
A freind of mine bought one for about 500 and all he recieved was two strap hinges and two shocks for a hatch back all of witch this person bought at a farm and fleet because it still had the price tag on it! Ohh they also threw in a hand full of sheet metal screws!
Buut if your still determined to get a lambo kit know what your buying and that the person your buying from is reputable!

guaynabo89
05-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Anyone here done Lambo doors on a 3gee? Are they poissible to make without spending like way over $1,000? Anyone knows anything let me know i would love to do this conversion. Any info would be great. I am wanting to do it on my own without spending a fortune. Either way i am planning on doing it this summer. Thanks :rockon:

No way thats going to happen for under a grand. Maybe the autoloc kit which is a weld on type might work but any of the bolt on kits like decah or vertical doors inc. will not fit the third gen Accord.

I say this cause I know from my own personal experience that it is a fact.

od2681
05-05-2004, 06:22 PM
you can make ur doors out of cardboard and put hinges on em...voila...instant lambo doors....you might want to look out for water....dont want ur doors to get soggy and fall off...

momo8517
05-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Does a 3gee door really weigh that much more than a 4g? I've seen pics of the kit on 4g accords and I know (personal experience) that my doors (sedan) weigh about as much as the state of Rhode Island. Seems to me if a kit and lift those bastards (not to mention the ones off the coupes) it oughta ba able to lift the smaller 3g door.

steve-024
05-05-2004, 09:16 PM
what yr of accord are u putting this on , cause it would look phat on a 3 g but sounds really hard

Mattphi
05-06-2004, 04:32 AM
i am wanting to put it on a 2 door 88 lxi...i have never seen it done on our cars and i would like to be the first. I was planning on doing it this summer when i have the extra cash. If it gets to be too expensive then i will put the $ into something else on the car but if i can find out how to do it cheaper than what ive seen, it will be happening.

NXRacer
05-06-2004, 07:58 AM
with money, anything is possible. Im sure somebody will a little creativity and the ability to fabricate stuff could figure it out fairly easily. But yeah, coupe doors weight a ton.

Vinny
05-06-2004, 08:06 AM
coupe and hatch doors weigh so much because of the length and all the damn seatbelt garb in them. Wonder how or if you could trim the weight down on them. Especially those of us who have or plan to have racing seats with a harness :D

Cheeseburger
05-06-2004, 08:13 AM
coupe and hatch doors weigh so much because of the length and all the damn seatbelt garb in them. Wonder how or if you could trim the weight down on them. Especially those of us who have or plan to have racing seats with a harness :D

doesn’t the dx doors weigh less than the lx,lxi,and se-i, cause it doesn’t have all the electrical windows, wires and switches?

i think that the lambo doors would look good only in two door cars not sedans

Vinny
05-06-2004, 08:23 AM
i think that the lambo doors would look good only in two door cars not sedans
naww just do a 4 door kit lol

Cheeseburger
05-06-2004, 08:29 AM
i have seen guys that put the lambo doors on a 4 door 03 honda accord and and a 04 hummer

NXRacer
05-06-2004, 08:48 AM
do your doors have the seatbelts in em? Cause mine dont. . . . . .

My g/f wants to do lambo doors on her 4dr 4g. She wants to have the front doors come up like normal and have the back doors be suicide lambo.

guaynabo89
05-06-2004, 09:33 AM
i am wanting to put it on a 2 door 88 lxi...i have never seen it done on our cars and i would like to be the first. I was planning on doing it this summer when i have the extra cash. If it gets to be too expensive then i will put the $ into something else on the car but if i can find out how to do it cheaper than what ive seen, it will be happening.

I'm going to let you know right now that the bolt on kits will not work! I bought a kit and had to sell cause there was no way to make it fit properly.

Even if i had made the holes for the hinges line up with fabrication It still would not have worked. Because the space behind the fender is not like the rest of the newer hondas. It would have moved the pivot point down and would not have worked.

Now I havent tried any of the weld on kits yet so maybe when I have some spare time I'll look into it.

NotFast
05-06-2004, 10:59 AM
She wants to have the front doors come up like normal and have the back doors be suicide lambo.

thats what i wanted to do, except have the front lambo and the rear suicide lambo

dub88acc
05-06-2004, 11:09 AM
What the hell is suicide lambo doors? Its either suicide doors or lambo doors, yet the correct term for them are scissor doors

NotFast
05-06-2004, 11:23 AM
you have lambos on the front, well if you suicide the lambo doors on the rear you have suicide lambos, make sense?

dub88acc
05-06-2004, 11:33 AM
not really. I mean i've never seen that

NotFast
05-06-2004, 11:50 AM
i've never seen it either, but it would be sweet.

lightbulblxi
05-06-2004, 12:52 PM
suicide lambo is where the door folds up from the back,o opposite of how the front ones would go up.

NotFast
05-06-2004, 01:35 PM
yea what he said

momo8517
05-09-2004, 01:20 PM
OK. Problem with 'suicide lambo' doors. Your typical scissor doors make your car enough of a bitch to get in and out of (my friend has a civic coupe with them) How the hell do you plan to get through a backwards door? You would like have to bend over backwards and turn around and...

The nice thing about those things is they're great in parking lots...you can get hella close to the car next to you....

AQcz
05-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Yea I think suicide lambo would be a bitch lol I'm trying to to picture that. Sounds hot, but I dunno how it would be

Justin86
05-09-2004, 02:47 PM
well if you pull it off that would be sweet. I have never seen a loambo door and how it works up close so I'm not sure how hard it is to do.

Low Tek
05-10-2004, 10:50 PM
suicide-lambo doors? hmmm.... might be interesting in a hatchback... think it might be time to kick up the old welder!! hehehe

88accordhb
05-11-2004, 09:43 AM
wow, i thought it can only be suicide or lambo not both, plus correct term for lambo is "guillotine." lol if and only if you decide to do it, plus only bust it on a coupe or hatch, sedans are gonna be waayy funky with all the doors opening is dumb directions.

Low Tek
05-12-2004, 12:01 AM
I am currently lookin for lambo (or whatever you wanna call them) doors and maybe by mid summer have them on.. but I have more important stuff to work on...

AccordArizona89
05-12-2004, 02:24 PM
supras with lambo_suicide (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=suicide+lambo/v=2/l=IVI/*-http://expert.ics.purdue.edu/~ecrawfo1/supra-suicide&lambo.jpg)

kinda like that with one door. i heart supras! :bow: :bow: :bow:

88accordhb
05-12-2004, 07:43 PM
oh hahahahha, sorry that's suicide on passenger side and lambo on driver side, these guys talkin about a mix of suicide and lambo, that is the door opens up and the hinge is from the other side not towards the fender, get the pic? like this ---->
front \ back of car...you like that pic? oh and that pic of a "supra" with suicide and lambo....i'm sorry that's a miata. it's been on practically all the tuner mags. still a sweet car done by 2 brothers in kansas or something. got lambo tail lights and supra eyes. that miata kicks ass!