PDA

View Full Version : Clicking/rattling when turning

momo8517
05-06-2004, 03:36 AM
OK, I got this issue with my 4g that when I go around a turn, theres this rattling noise coming from the front end (pass. side, best I can tell) It only happens when I'm accelerating through the turn, and only in 2nd gear. It doesn't sound like a C/V...the noise isn't that even, and its only when turning in 2nd gear. I checked both sides out for C/V issues anyway, and both the inner and outer boots on both sides look recent (past 10000 miles, I know I had one done, and the lady I bought it from said she had the other one done, and that is believable) I know I have a leak in my p/s rack, but its never done this before. Also, I have massive exhaust problems...rust and coat hangers. I don't think this has anything to do with the problem, though because the sound really isn't the hollow metallic sound I've come to expect from exhaust issues.

What could this be, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

shepherd79
05-06-2004, 04:08 AM
if it only happens when you go through turn and accelerate it is your CV joint.

'A20A3'
05-06-2004, 01:50 PM
CV Joints or your wheel bearings.

momo8517
05-06-2004, 05:26 PM
OK thats what I thought. I had that C/V done like 6000 miles ago...so it will be under warranty. Still a pain in the ass.

MrBen
05-06-2004, 05:58 PM
I had each side replaced twice under warranty because they gave me crappy ones. Get it checked out!