PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Q's

ImporTypeRx7
05-06-2004, 06:02 AM
I read this board all the time but barely post so....bare with me. Two things I would really appreciate your guys :help: on.

One, I have had a slow power steering leak for probably the past 6 months. After about 5 min of letting the car warm up on a cooler/cold day ill pop the hood and see like brownish bubbles comming from the resivor. I took it to good year twice to have em look at the rack and all the lines and the spedo. seal, and it checks out. If anyone has any ideas what else it could be, thow em at me. Also if this helps, during warmer weather...it seems to slow down alot and in the summer even stop.

And two just bought a dual pod gauge for a 99 eclipse cause I read it would fit our cars. I also bought autometer cobalt A/F an vacuum gauges to go in there. Im just curious as to how, if anyone has any expererience, i would go about hooking these up.

Any help on these would be aweosme.

Thanx Guys!

smufguy
05-06-2004, 10:56 AM
two places the PWR steering would leak is the hig pressure line that goes to the rack from the pump (THe one near the valve cover) and the other leak is at the rack itself. If it leaks at the rack, get a rebuilt rack. If it leaks at the hose, get a new hose from the dealer.

Hooking up a Vaccuum gauge is not hard, never done it but should not be hard at all. Just unhook the plugged (unused) port on the driver side of the intake manifold and hook up the line to it. ( i think thats how you do it).

The A/F gauge is not accurate so its just a waste of your money. they are not accurate cause they dont detect the ratio until Wide Open Throttle. Just hook up the gauge to the O2 sensor and ground and i think there is one more for the positve wire, but again, i am not sure. Anyways, get a wideband O2 sensor if you really want right A/f reading ($400 for a Wide band 5 wire O2 sensor).