PDA

View Full Version : O2 Sensor from Carb to EFI Exhaust manifold

snapper
05-07-2004, 03:31 AM
I'm in the middle of a Carb to EFI conversion. The car I'm taking the parts from was in a front end collision so the O2 sensors got bent. I have to get new ones. My question is can I use the O2 sensor from my carb exhaust manifold and just purchase one or are they completely different? I have yet to pull either one out and look at them because I have to get a O2 wrench at the auto parts store tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shawn

carotman
05-07-2004, 06:28 AM
the sensors are the same but the sensor you got will be old... be careful if you take it out. also, if you use the 86-87 efi setup, just leave your manifold there and don't touch it.

snapper
05-07-2004, 07:20 AM
the sensors are the same but the sensor you got will be old... be careful if you take it out. also, if you use the 86-87 efi setup, just leave your manifold there and don't touch it.
Thanks for the reply. The sensor I have in there is only a year or so old. It's a 89 honda DX that I'm doing the swap on. I have an entire 89 sei I'm pulling parts from. I've had it for 2 years and I finally have the time to do it since I'm done with Grad school.

So do you think it is worth it just to buy 2 new ones instead of mixing and matching? I can get them from carparts.com, bosch for about $30 a piece. Honda is criminal wanting $120 something a piece.

What do you think?