PDA

View Full Version : front nose swap

THEBlakAcc
07-15-2002, 09:59 PM
hey folks...
didn 't know where to post this bit of info...so why not put it here.
Found out that the front end of a 90-91 acura integra fit on the 3g Accord. Fenders, hood and bumper...plus the lights all fit.
but personally i like the flip-ups!!
but for those lookin' for a flair to ur ride... there it is!!

MoonScryer
07-15-2002, 10:11 PM
And ummmm, how did you find this out? Exactly? There are some major differences between the two, ya know.

THEBlakAcc
07-15-2002, 11:18 PM
a buddy of mine who owns a body shop says its the same configureation its justa a matter of bodyshop magic

guaynabo89
07-16-2002, 04:15 AM
I was actually planning on doing that back in 95 but decide on spending money elsewhere.

The tegs of those years are very similar in shape and size to the accord. If you want a new style kit this is the car to modify them from.

shepherd79
07-16-2002, 04:30 AM
how much body work do you have to do to fit on our cars.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-16-2002, 07:16 AM
The tegs, being based on the civic platform are going to be narrower than any generation of accord. Sounds like expensive magic that's being promoted by someone who's wallet is better served by not doing much research into how difficult ($$$$$) it really would be.

guaynabo89
07-16-2002, 09:06 AM
Actually the second gen tegs are closer to the accord dimensions than you think. I've seen guys around here that took the front spoiler kit for a teg and slapped it right on to the accord with no modifacations. I can't tell you how well it fit cause I am moving everytime I see one.

They are pretty close in size to the accord though. Exact dimensions I can't quote but, I got the midwing and front lip from the tegs cause they were the right width.

If I see one at a lot and remember I'm gonna try and get measurements to see how close or off they are in size.

To the original question its still pretty expensive just as anything that is custom made. If you have all the parts alreay figure on around 2 grand give or take trying to adapt that front end onto the accord.

shepherd79
07-16-2002, 11:46 AM
my friend she has 91 teg. and i was chenging her oil and i thought why not. so mesured the lip on her car. well it was short by 2 inches. so go figure. the fenders and hood may fit but the bumper would be a little tight i think. Unless you bring the end of the fender inside a little so they will match the bumper. just an idea.