PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best stuff t clean your rims?

SharkyX
05-07-2004, 08:41 PM
the crap i bought (dont rember the name) biut its in a clear neon green bottle, sposed to be some type of foaming cleaner, sucks, trying to find something that will kill all the brake dust off my rims easily. will Simple green work or will it hurt the paint on my rims? I have silver painted aluminum. any ideas guys.

dXsquared
05-07-2004, 08:45 PM
castrol super clean... dont leave it too long... spray, brush, rinse... repeat... its super strongg shit... we use it at work all the time... it actually melts the tires if you leave it on too long... but it sure makes white letters and walls bright as hell!

Travis

customandsound
05-07-2004, 09:41 PM
simple green is a safe cleaner ... i use castrol super clean to degrease and clean parts before polishing and coating ... they both work good when they are heated to ...

ag bullet
05-08-2004, 02:44 AM
On all of my vehicles, I have found that just soap and water work fine. Some of the cleaners like Simple Green, etc. can damage painted surfaces especially if they are warm or hot after driving. Soap and water takes a little longer but IMHO it is better for the wheels.

MrBen
05-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Don't use that crap. Use soap and water.

buzzbomber88lx
05-08-2004, 10:20 AM
mothers mag polish.......3.99 a tub at autozone

HondaBoy
05-08-2004, 10:41 AM
i'd say if since your rims are painted, dont use any type of cleaner that is supposed to disolve brake dust. that shit not only disolves the dust, but also your clear coat! they key is not to believe that because its says its clear coat safe that it is. i've found out the hard way. if you are willing to use some good old elbow grease, thats the way to go on your expensive rims! use either a really good car wash soap or dish washing detergent. maybe some 409 cleaner, that worked well for me without eating up the paint. my friend who works at a car wash would always tell me about the great wheel cleaner they used, he'd always use it on his rims. then the paint started comming off and he's since had them powder coated. that shit is bad. think of it like this, would you put that stuff on the paint of your car? no, so why would you put it on your wheels, although they are more durable, they will still be damaged after a while.