PDA

View Full Version : Erebuni Kit Discontinued

HostileJava
05-08-2004, 06:25 AM
I just want to let everyone know that I just got off the phone with Erebuni and all of there major distributors. The Erebuni kit is no longer being made and none of there major distro's have any back stock of it. If you can find one that one of your local speedshops happens to still have in stock consider yourself lucky.

A mod should edit the FAQ and sticky at the top of this section to reflect this.

Bloodlust
05-08-2004, 06:35 AM
Damn that sucks. So basically the only generic kit left is Xenon correct?

HostileJava
05-08-2004, 06:41 AM
Damn that sucks. So basically the only generic kit left is Xenon correct?

That is correct, the Kaminari or however you spell it wasn't available either from any of the place's a I called although I'm not sure of the exact specifics as to why since I really want' interested in that kit.

RobT5580
05-08-2004, 07:12 AM
They have been discontinued for a while i wanted one of the kits before but i didnt want a fiberglass front end so i didnt get it. I swear i use to see the white 4dr accord that was on their website for demo all the time in CT. I would imagine pretty soon Xenon will follow suite as we are loosing all of our aftermarket support it seems. But from a business perspective i know exactly why but it sucks for the rest of us.

HostileJava
05-08-2004, 07:15 AM
They have been discontinued for a while i wanted one of the kits before but i didnt want a fiberglass front end so i didnt get it. I swear i use to see the white 4dr accord that was on their website for demo all the time in CT. I would imagine pretty soon Xenon will follow suite as we are loosing all of our aftermarket support it seems. But from a business perspective i know exactly why but it sucks for the rest of us.

Actually I checked about 2 months ago and they were discontinued but they were still showing a stock of like 4-5 kits. Now they show no stock and they are telling me the mold is broken.

SharkyX
05-08-2004, 09:16 AM
they could of atleast auction the mold off to another company that may had been interested in producing it. if they werent going to produce it anymore auctioning it off wouldnt have hurt them that much.

RobT5580
05-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Yeah but you gotta understand they have made this kit for a very long time atleast 7 years and not very many people have them at all. So im sure at this point they know it was not a very demanding car for body kits (atleast what they made). So you guys should get use to this because im sure pretty much most of the aftermarket support we do have will be gone in the next few years. Im just being realistic here so dont think im trying to put the accord down. No one buys things until they become discontiuned and at that point the distributor is just happy its vendors can get rid of the stuff just like the Koni's, DC Sports exhausts, intakes, and more recently headers.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-08-2004, 09:29 AM
I think Sharky has a good point. But that mould would cost quite a bit and you might have to buy the patent too if you plan to produce them. Probably too much hard work for not enough money.

Oh well we will just have to have A20A1 make the header for us j/k ;)

buzzbomber88lx
05-08-2004, 10:21 AM
is erebuni going out of business or are they just getting rid of all the old school cars kits??? they dropped the most badass kit ever for the 82-85 celica too.....thats so sad

HondaBoy
05-08-2004, 10:27 AM
i knew the kit on their site shown on the J-spec accord was discontinued. they showed it a while back discounted, i should have got it. didnt know they arent making the one on the green accord on the site. well i have a kaminari kit that needs to be finished sittin in my tool shed. i got it at the junk yard :lol:. lucky me. less than $40 for the sides and back is what i spent.