PDA

View Full Version : Is it illegal

cbomb222
05-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Is Vht nightshade illegal, will you get pulled over :rockon:

HondaBoy
05-08-2004, 10:22 AM
depending on how dark you put it on, it can be. if your tail lights and turn signal lights are visible, its legal! in my area this is true. depending on your states laws it may be different, but most likely, your fine with putting night shade on. easiest way to make your car stand out from others in you town. oh, and if your are too worried about the VHT, you can use Testors candy red paint on the tails. i think they also make a tint paint like VHT. but with the candy red paint you can make your tails all red to look uniform. that stuff is clear so its perfectly legal. a few memebers have done this.

AccordEpicenter
05-09-2004, 11:43 AM
ive never had a cop compain, and ive had them pull me over for everything

HostileJava
05-09-2004, 01:05 PM
I don't think it should be a problem, what state do you live in?

DeathRat
05-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Here's mine....I have this done since last summer on the Accord & no problems yet.....BTW! This is the 6th car I've done & no problems from ANY of them too!

With that said though....It does depend on where you live as to the EXACT Phrasing of the "Traffic Act" for your area.

88accordhb
05-09-2004, 04:23 PM
i think it depends on the state and the cops. my neighbor got tinted ass taillights, like pure black! hasn't had a problem yet! and it's CA!

bobafett
05-09-2004, 06:51 PM
i have had mine like that for a while, and havent been bothered... also they state on the can, for offroad use only. so i dont think its necessarily legal...

but its not ever a priority for the cops.