PDA

View Full Version : Stall Question

steve-024
05-08-2004, 10:51 AM
hey guys , just a question for ya , do u guys have an idea for my car stalling after ive let it run in the morning for about 5-6 mins . i drove to the end of the road and it stalled , it is not fuel injected so im thinking something in the carb ? not getting enough fuel ? any other ideas

88accordhb
05-08-2004, 01:15 PM
i had same problem once. i didn't let it run for 5-6 mins
it stalled after bout 6 meeters, it was definitely the weather in my case, it was bout 100 Degrees out side, now with cooler weather it never stalls. however i dont' think that's the case for you

momo8517
05-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Bad gas. We had a similar problem with my mom's ford van, turned out we drained the tank, and out came a bunch of water with the gas. I was pissed because we had been getting gas at this knock-off place because it was 5-7 cents cheaper. I went down there and I let off on the manager of the place for running a shitty outfit. The guy was a total prick. Anyone who puts water in gas they intend to sell should be shot. This is why I only get brand name gas. For a dollar every fill up, its not worth messing around.

Anyway, the first thing I would try is to run a can of Drygas through the thing. If that doesn't work, you probably have carb issues in which case I wish you the best of luck.

BMS
05-08-2004, 03:38 PM
maybe bad filters

steve-024
05-08-2004, 03:48 PM
well the other day i opened up my air filter and it was quite dirty around the filter so i cleaned it up a bit and it hasnt stalled since then

ChaseR
05-09-2004, 01:01 AM
yup she was starving for air...