PDA

View Full Version : Crunch Crunch Crunch BAMM!!! oops??

89dxowner
05-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Well I was driving and lol i hear crunch crunch crunch BAM! Damn clutch! Gotta put one in today. Anyone have clutch problems??? I heard the clutches in the 3 geez were pretty good. OH YA and right after that i got in my trunk to get the hood prop and now my trunk wont close. Shitty day.

buzzbomber88lx
05-08-2004, 02:59 PM
damn you have bad luck man....i was pulling my rear bumper cover off the other day and broke all 10 of the bolts holding it on because they were from 1985 and rusted to be hell.....i had a bad day too

88accordhb
05-08-2004, 04:33 PM
I heard the clutches in the 3 geez were pretty good.
you got that 110 % right! my clutch been keepin the old gurl runnin 113k miles. but i'm started to have some probs in 3rd and 4th. just gotta press it all the way down to get em in w/o grinds. i used to only have to push 3/4 the way down but gotta do it all the way now. sux.

300700'88lx-i
05-08-2004, 04:44 PM
That sucks about your car. Seems like when one little thing goes wrong, a bunch of other stuff goes wrong too. Hope you get the new clutch with little hassle.

you got that 110 % right! my clutch been keepin the old gurl runnin 113k miles. but i'm started to have some probs in 3rd and 4th. just gotta press it all the way down to get em in w/o grinds. i used to only have to push 3/4 the way down but gotta do it all the way now. sux.

Sounds like you need to adjust your clutch cable. If you follow your clutch cable down to your transmission, there is a place where it goes through a metal bracket that the end of the cable housing rests in. There's a little threaded collar on the end of the housing that turns to allow you to adjust the cable. You will probably need to turn it clockwise (tightening it) a few turns. Do it til there's about 1/2 inch play in the pedal or in the clutch release arm. Hope this helps.

89dxowner
05-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Well something else is wrong too. The bam i heard was my 5th gear syncro shattering . I replaced the clutch (was much needed anyway) then started it up let out the clutch it died its stuck in 5th gear no matter where the shifter is. So.... Now i am trying to find a diagram of the tranny to see if maybe i can just replace the syncros without replacing the whole tranny if it didn't tear anything up. Also i had to buy a rear motor mount and put t on the old one was in about 3 pieces. And the valve cover was leaking so i figured while i was at it i would put in a valve cover gasket. Oh ya and im leaking break fluid out the back brakes so theres another job comming soon. What a day. But i did fix my trunk. lol.

superguillermo
05-09-2004, 01:47 AM
yeah I've had one of those days. I was driving from school and swerved to avoid hitting a dog...and BAMM...hit the curb and jacked-up my tranny and bent my rim!

89dxowner
05-10-2004, 08:50 AM
that sucks.