PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Brake Light ?

Mattphi
05-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Is the 3rd brake light a must have? Or will i get a ticket if i dont have one. I have seen some people without it and mine rattles everytime my system hits so i wanna take it but i dunno if its legal. Thanks

superaccord
05-08-2004, 08:22 PM
hey i dont think that it is illigal...i see stock cars that dont come with them...i dont think that you will have a problem...mine did that too. Hey your car looks sick in that pic..is that photochop? or real?

Mattphi
05-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the props on the car. Thats all real. I cut the springs the day b4 but since then i have bought coilovers and raised it a little, took all the stickers off and done some other small things. Shes gettin painted in about 2 weeks...Escalade White with flakes. All the black molding is getting removed and everything will be smoothed out. Also the trunk will all be custom and kind of like an Is300 trunk (the inside trunk red and yellow lights will be gone and the only lights left on the actual trunk part will be the white back up lights) I've never seen this done on our cars so i hope to be the first. Ill post some pics, it will definatly be sick

superaccord
05-08-2004, 09:50 PM
hell yea...im excited for you just hearing about it... did u see the new car i just bought....new project!
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/595481

HondaBoy
05-08-2004, 09:57 PM
nah mattphi, you dont need to take out your 3rd brake light, your system just isnt turned up loud enough to cover the rattling. :rofl: j/k, i dont think anyone would notice actually, so its probley not even a problem to take the damn thing out! go for it.

Silver86LX
05-09-2004, 08:54 AM
I don't think you'll have any legal problems if you take out your 3rd brake light. My '86 LX didn't even have one. :dunno:

Mattphi
05-09-2004, 09:05 AM
hell yea...im excited for you just hearing about it... did u see the new car i just bought....new project!
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/595481

Thanks...theres alot more i plan on doin too but its kinda all on the downlow lol. I saw your new car on the post in the Accord Pics section. Reminds me of mine when i first brought her home. Good luck with all that i cant wait to see what you've got in store. What do u plan on doin first?

Mattphi
05-09-2004, 09:17 AM
LOL well i guess i could always tell the cop..."i didnt know"...that might work. Does anyone know like for sure about the laws? I dont wanna get a fackin ticket for that.

HondaBoy
05-09-2004, 11:03 AM
since your so worried, go here and look around for something that tells you.http://www.dot.state.fl.us/
i dont know. i looked on the texas one when i had my clear tails, said that a brake light on the tails had to have a red lense and not just a red bulb. anyway, im sure if its illegal, you'll find it in there. good luck. seriously, i doubt so highly that theres any chances of you getting a ticket.

XxDark_AccordxX
05-09-2004, 12:03 PM
i highly doubt it considering alot of cars come stock without them. My friends cars dont have them, im the only one that has it in my car

HostileJava
05-09-2004, 01:04 PM
If your really worried about it go with a stock spoiler/4th Gen Spoiler, or a nicer smaller spoiler that comes with one.

Mattphi
05-09-2004, 01:07 PM
If your really worried about it go with a stock spoiler/4th Gen Spoiler, or a nicer smaller spoiler that comes with one.

Actually i am looking for one right now. I posted in the "Wanted"section but no response yet. I have loked on Ebay and other websites. Yall know where i could get one?

Busted_Blue
05-09-2004, 07:42 PM
i like the pictre you have.

Cops wont hassle you with the third brake light. Actually many cars in the pre-1980s didn't have third brake light. It is a safety brake light. Many people don't notice brake lights light up and the third light was there to distinguish cars with lights on from cars that were braking. We dont normally look at the brakes of a car instead we look at the windshield, so it made sense to have a third brake light up there.

Anyways, third brake lights were implemented into cars till like 1985 or so there are still cars out there without it. And if a cop does pull you over, say i bought the car like this. :)

customandsound
05-09-2004, 08:19 PM
it is legal to remove it .... you should not have any prob. aslong as you have a red lense in the rear brake light's .... mine is gone and it pass pa inspection with out it ..

pixiesfan78
05-13-2004, 07:27 PM
then when you take it out youll' have to fiberglass that hole in the dashboard so you may as well glass the whole boardand paint it.