PDA

View Full Version : Prelude 01 to Accord

accordexi87
07-16-2002, 01:59 AM
Has anyone out there done an engine swap with a new prelude engine ? .if so pls help me out here .
and another thing. what other parts do i need to make this convertion work

MoonScryer
07-16-2002, 06:26 AM
Umkmmm., hrmmmm.

You need complete custom EVERYTHING!

There. Good luck :D

GreenMachine
07-16-2002, 05:21 PM
Well just geusiing but probably :
- Engine - with everything atached
- wire harness
- cpu
- axles
- engine mounts

thats a start in the right direction:flash:

TeKKnoTeKK
07-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Don't forget tranny....cuz I am almost positive it's hydraulic.

89BlackH-Back
07-16-2002, 06:41 PM
not this again, forget about the Prelude Motor I have been through this over and over and i even wasted $2500 on a 97 Type-S that now I am going to save for my Acura when its out of the shop so just go to http://jspecauto.com/ or www.engines-transmissions.com/pricelist or www.mmrusa.com find a good price on a B18C1 Integra motor than use the extra $3,000 you will spend on the Prelude motor and strap a nice big shiny turbo on there, than any other import that wants to tengo jus let them know ladys first.

accordexi87
07-17-2002, 09:02 PM
ha ha .. i agree but i get the engine for about $1000 can. and its the 2001 SE engine so i think i will stick it out with the prelude . going to add a turbo and super charger in the near future

thx for the help guys :pimp:

89BlackH-Back
07-18-2002, 10:03 AM
iight man good luck, u will have to move your battery to the rear of the car if u want to put an intake on it and u will probably have to weld the motor right to the frame, lemme know how it works out

dXsquared
07-18-2002, 10:12 AM
i think you ment to say turbo or super charge, not both. but i was just thinkin that that is possible! isnt it? let me know Thanx
Travis:super: :wtf: :werd:

accordexi87
07-18-2002, 08:26 PM
dxhatchback

you can have both turbo and super charger ... one kicks in at low rpm and the other one at higher RPm ...

i'm hopeing to get 600 - 700 HP out of that engine by doing that

88Ex-i
07-21-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by accordexi87
dxhatchback

you can have both turbo and super charger ... one kicks in at low rpm and the other one at higher RPm ...

i'm hopeing to get 600 - 700 HP out of that engine by doing that

you really want to go with both??????? what is the point to doing that, besides what you just said. are you planning on using this car as your daily driver, or planning to drag it????

YK86
07-21-2002, 11:24 PM
I hope you have lots of money.........

accordexi87
07-22-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 88Ex-i

you really want to go with both??????? what is the point to doing that, besides what you just said. are you planning on using this car as your daily driver, or planning to drag it????

Both i'm planning to get my car in the 9's at the drags ...
and yet be street leagle (well as much as posible ) :D

i want both cause there wont be a lag in boost in my car ... cause the turbo will kick in too late .. another thing a friend sugested i do is put in nos ( for the first gear )
what do you guys think about that idea?

B20A Speed
07-22-2002, 06:55 PM
Great idea. Ive been planning to do it when my funds are a little more available. You'll have to go with a pretty good engine management system, MOTEC 4 is the way to go. Youll have to have them all kick in at different rev's or say good bye to traction. The supercharger will give you a nice takeoff, (prob only want to run 6-8psi for traction) switch on vtec at say 3000 revs to givwe the two a go together, cut off the supercharger at 4000 and kick that mother of a turbo in. As for nos try hooking up a butterfly to the throttle so it is injecting only when your foot is flat to the floor, this will allow for a bit more controll over when you want it kicking in and cutting off. This is how im looking at doing my car with either a frankenstein B20B or whatever v-tec I can whack in. Be prepared for a lot of money bulletproofing your internals, and fitting it all in together, but definetly the way to go.

accordexi87
07-22-2002, 09:25 PM
bB20a speed

yup thats what i'm going to do but i don't know if i should use turbo super charger and nos ... ( eather i do nos instead of supercharger or i don't do it at all )

B20A Speed
07-23-2002, 05:52 PM
With that amount of power increase there's really only one way to do it. Your gonna have to play it by ear. I'm planning on doing it over a year or two (budget reasons as well) and do it one by one. The main thing is whether or not your engine will handle the power. I would install the supercharger and turbo first. Get a feel for it and then judge how big a nos kit youll want and your engine can handle. By installing the supercharger first it will help even out your powerband and make for a more balanced dyno curve. By installing it last (when you can judge if the engine can handle it) youll have a pretty steep top-end with v-tec kicking in, turbo spooled up and nos pumping in, but your bottom end will be lacking alot (unless you kick v-tec in at very low rev's).

accordexi87
07-24-2002, 11:30 AM
with this vtec i can get a Vtec controller ( lower the rpm at wich vtec kicks in ) so i will lower that by alot ( basicly 2000 rpm instead of 4000 rpm ) but as for nos ... i don't know if i wanna run it with both ... i was thinking of running nos instead of the supercharger ... because nos would kick in for the 1st gear .. and then the turbo would keep the power going (cause i will be shifting at high rpms so the turbo should do the rest of the work )
but i'm still going to try everything out first to see what this engine can and will handle ( i was told it can handle up too 700 hp) so it's worth going to the MAX !

B20A Speed
07-25-2002, 05:19 PM
I like your way of thinking. Go to the max.
A supercharger would not be to good on the 1/4 mile, as you said, the turbo should be taking tje load most of the way. But for those street races of traffic lights and stop sighns are what I would have the supercharger for. The MoTeC4 computer will run your v-tec, nos, and (supercharger?) kick in and out times and will adjust the fuel accordingly. Would be best computer to buy if possible.

accordexi87
07-26-2002, 10:38 AM
B20A Speed

thx .. whats the point of haveing a vtec engine when you cant us the max power out of it ? ...
i will look into that computer MoTeC4 ... thx for the advise

HEY ANYONE THAT CAN POST PICS I GOT SOME OF MY CAR (not engine swap yet )

88Ex-i
07-28-2002, 12:49 AM
I'm all over it man...................

http://hondasport19.150m.com/otherrides/accord31.jpg

http://hondasport19.150m.com/otherrides/accord32.jpg

http://hondasport19.150m.com/otherrides/accord33.jpg

accordexi87
07-28-2002, 10:44 AM
thx for posting them .... can you post them in the picture section ?

89BlackH-Back
07-28-2002, 10:51 AM
what are the best turbos available for a b18c and how much would they cost and how much gain would they give

88Ex-i
07-28-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by accordexi87
thx for posting them .... can you post them in the picture section ?

you bet.............:)