PDA

View Full Version : Antenna Problems!

Jonessoda27
05-08-2004, 08:50 PM
My antenna only comes out half way! Then the antenna motor starts crying. How can i get it to come all the way out again?? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Mac
05-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Check to see if the antenna is bent. Carefully try to bend back, but don't break it.

Busted_Blue
05-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Do what mac said... Mine was bent, and it happened to get stuck halfway and never go back down. So I pulled it out with a plier and then coated it with WD40 and pulled it in and out till it was loose again. GOOD LUCK!

shepherd79
05-09-2004, 05:53 PM
most likely the grease inside the motor is dirty and thick. my motor used to do that, but after i took it out and cleanned very good and put new grease it runs lot better.

Jonessoda27
05-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Do what mac said... Mine was bent, and it happened to get stuck halfway and never go back down. So I pulled it out with a plier and then coated it with WD40 and pulled it in and out till it was loose again. GOOD LUCK!

I hit it with some WD and it seems like its good to go!(For The Moment At Least)

Thanks! :bow:

BMS
05-09-2004, 10:29 PM
I get my antenna all the way out, put some wd40 on a rag, and wipe the length of the antenna. then it runs fine for 6 months or so.

thegreatdane
05-10-2004, 03:29 AM
Even a very small bend can prevent the antenna from going up, so inspect the antenna carefully for bends and try straightening them out. I just replaced both the antenna and motor, damn that was a bitch..

Jonessoda27
05-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Even a very small bend can prevent the antenna from going up, so inspect the antenna carefully for bends and try straightening them out. I just replaced both the antenna and motor, damn that was a bitch..

SHIT ITS BACK AGAIN!!! IT ONLY GOES HALF WAY! I WD40ed IT! NO BENDS! :uh: :mad: :help: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO REPLACE?? HOW MUCH?

Busted_Blue
05-11-2004, 12:15 AM
man..sorry to hear that, when i got mine to work, i said F it and left it down. I dont play the radio anymore. My antenae still works though =)

thegreatdane
05-11-2004, 12:46 AM
SHIT ITS BACK AGAIN!!! IT ONLY GOES HALF WAY! I WD40ed IT! NO BENDS! :uh: :mad: :help: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO REPLACE?? HOW MUCH?

You might not be able to see the bends, but when the antenna starts clicking look at the place where it stopped on the antenna. You need to pull the antenna up a half an inch from the socket thing to be able to see the place that jammed inside that socket thing. And if you look very closely and feel it with your finger you'll probably be able to feel the small bend. Then try and straighten it out. IF this doesnt work then you can try to clean the antenna motor. You have to remove the fuse box to be able to remove it. You need a 12mm socket to get the motor out and 10mm for the fuse box. It took me around 2 hours to remove the old antenna and motor and replace it with another one.