PDA

View Full Version : Weber Air Filter clips keep falling off

dmulc
05-09-2004, 04:12 AM
I just put on the Weber carb and it works great!
My only problem is with the Weber air filter housing. The 4 clips that hold it together keep falling off.
1. How do you keep those clips on?
2. Is there a different air filter setup available for the Weber?
Thanks for your help.

A20A1
05-09-2004, 11:36 AM
did you set the clips into the grooves and the top and bottom of the air cleaner... the bottom grooves are harder for the clips to hang onto because the lip surrounding the carb barrels usually gets in the way... if you can snip off a small bit of metal from the clip somewhere near the end after the little bend in the metal... then use that side of the clip to hook ontop the bottom and leave the top of the clip untouched.

POS carb
05-09-2004, 04:28 PM
I hate those clips I'm about to ziptie my lid! >:(

dXsquared
05-09-2004, 04:34 PM
dxsquared runs no filter

Travis

dmulc
05-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Yes, I had them in the grooves and ground off the tips on 2 of them but I keep losing them. I think my hood might be hitting the filter - which would take pressure off the clips and let them come off.
Is there another type of filter housing???

A20A1
05-11-2004, 08:06 PM
how doesn it hit? mine only hit after I got the taller fitler...

Justin86
05-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Hum thats weird I have had no problems with mine staying on.

phathp
05-11-2004, 09:52 PM
http://carbs.net/airintake.asp

A20A1
05-11-2004, 11:07 PM
are you using a thick gasket between the filter and the top of the carb, that sould give enough room so that the clips can sink into the grooves at the bottom as well as the top without having the carb lip interfere.

dmulc
05-23-2004, 10:14 AM
are you using a thick gasket between the filter and the top of the carb, that sould give enough room so that the clips can sink into the grooves at the bottom as well as the top without having the carb lip interfere.

A20A1, I think you have it.
I got 2 new clips. Instead of snipping or grinding the tips off of them, I pressed them into the gasket between carb and the base of the filter housing. Then i tightened the housing to the carb - which should secure them.

Also, I put some duct tape on the top of the clips (temporarily??) just so I don't lose them again. Hopefully, I'll be able to lose the ugly duct tape.