PDA

View Full Version : sensor on back of carb?

inwywind
05-09-2004, 12:33 PM
I just pulled all of the vacuum lines as shown in the diagram and it ran like I had a vacuum leak. When I plugged in the electrical connection to the sensor on the back everything smoothed out fine. What the heck is that for? and would that cause the problem or is just a coincedence.

A20A1
05-09-2004, 12:46 PM
it's not a sensor... it's a solenoid that opens up when you turn on the ignition to allow fuel to flow. I don't beleive that the how to said to remove that solenoid wire., or the solenoid.. sorry it wasn't that clear.

inwywind
05-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Thanks! looks like I am up and running. Great help! This project made my replacing the molded cooling hoses so much easier.

POS carb
05-09-2004, 04:27 PM
lol are you serious?
If you're talking abt the slow mix solenoid I have no idea how your car idles your mix must be way off... Maybe your idle mix screw fell out and somehow killing this solenoid compensates perfectly!
For real whenever that line would disconnect on my carb the car would run perfect until I tried to let it idle lower than 2k then it was as if someone turned my key off

double check that... a $2.00 can of carb cleaner will find any and all leaks in your system. Just spray it around the back (by the coolant hose) while it idles see what happens.