PDA

View Full Version : Timing belt was a *radio edit*

fuzzy audio
05-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Was a pain! So here is what happened. My fiend and I got together to tackel this project. We started about 1pm yesterday. Needless to say it took us a very long time to get down to the alt. when we did, it's like, I don't want to have to do this again, timeto get new belts. So into town we went and got new belts. then we got back and started at it again. man, i can't tell you how hard it was to get the crank pully off. we tried a impact wrench and cheater bars. in the end it took us about a 4-5' long cheater bar to get it off. 83ft-lb's my left foot!
Needless to say we got out of there at midnight, but man, it sucked. I don't want to have to do that again on this car!

Fuzzy

accordlxi2.0
05-09-2004, 02:57 PM
hmm when the time come's for me i'm thinking about doing it from the cam shaft. . . .

dmulc
05-11-2004, 06:12 PM
I had a hard time with my crank bolt. It hadn't been off in 10 years. What I finally did was:
1) Put a 17mm socket on a breaker bar (1/2 inch drive).
2) Put it on the @#$%^& bolt
3) Put the car in 5th gear
4) tow the car backwards 5 feet w/ another car

It took 5 minutes. I don't have air tools.

BMS
05-11-2004, 06:15 PM
I had a hard time with my crank bolt. It hadn't been off in 10 years. What I finally did was:

It took 5 minutes. I don't have air tools.

lmao that's the best way to do it ever

momo8517
05-15-2004, 04:39 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bow:
THAT ROCKS!