PDA

View Full Version : well... im screwed

Chubs87Accord
07-16-2002, 09:58 AM
well, shortly afer buying my car for $150... he head gasket may be shot... so thats an easy 800 out of my pocket i dont have... so my car just sits there now.. collecting dust while i try and raise money... which is pretty hard when your 17 and jobless... so for a bit.. im screwed, lol... oh well.... it happens
:banghead: :help: :burn: :mad: :wtf: :crying:

one question though....how do i make my own gauges?

staticpat
07-16-2002, 11:53 AM
that happened to me once, only i was 16 and jobless and got the car for $500. what makes you think the head gasket is shot? i know mine smoked up a storm, and ran like shit, but it was just a leaky valve cover gasket. i fixed it for $5, hope yours turns out as good. plus you could probably swap in a new motor from a junkyard for less.

Chubs87Accord
07-16-2002, 04:02 PM
my friend fabe works in a high perfomance garage up here in jersey called after hourz performance :werd: :wave: and he said it could either be a valve cover gasket or the head gasket.. i usually just think its the worst... so if it is not he worst then i feel very very relieved :D ... instead of highly HIGHLY pissed :burn: lol

pimp86LX
07-16-2002, 04:10 PM
$800!!!! wow....

GreenMachine
07-16-2002, 04:50 PM
No better time than now to learn how to change it yourself. lol
Its possible if you have the tools and patience.
$800 I'd get an engine from the wrecker before you spend that.
good luck

B16 ED9
07-16-2002, 05:38 PM
if its a blown head gasket, check the oil, and if the oil is sorta milky then its the head gasket. cause water will get into the cylinder and down into the oil, and when water mixes with oil it makes it milky (in color)