PDA

View Full Version : 2 3g tranny question

Immeraufdemhund
05-10-2004, 05:58 PM
i have the 87 lxi. i want a 88-90 lude 2.0si. I dont like the 5th gear of the lude, so can i put my 5th gear out of my accord into the lude tranny without a prob? i just want a better cruizin gear. OR if there is a better cruizin gear than my accord that i could put in the lude no prob i'd like to know about that. thanx guys.

Immeraufdemhund
05-13-2004, 09:33 AM
i'm guessing that's a no.

Slavic
05-15-2004, 11:52 PM
i have the 87 lxi. i want a 88-90 lude 2.0si. I dont like the 5th gear of the lude, so can i put my 5th gear out of my accord into the lude tranny without a prob?

This "how to": http://3geez.asmallorange.com/showthread.php?t=7387

says "You can use either the Accord or the Integra 5th gear. I recommend the Accord 5th for cars that see a lot highway driving."

BTW, what are the benefits of putting in a Prelude or Integra tranny? The Phantom Grip Limited Slip Differential (LSD) conversion sounds like a way to go.

AZmike
05-16-2004, 10:41 AM
The benefits of the Prelude and Integra trannies are their gear ratios. They're geared to produce a little more torque at the wheels--you'll just have to shift earlier.

The Accord 5th may fit in the 3rd generation Prelude. The gear width, countershaft to mainshaft spacing, inner diameter, and syncro teeth on the gear or shift fork arrangement would need to be the same. I have a spare Accord gearset that I could get some measurements from if you are serious about seeing if this might work.