PDA

View Full Version : cold air intake

steve-024
05-10-2004, 08:37 PM
hey guys , basically to install a cold air , i have to remove the header for the air filter , then adjust the hole so it fits on the carb head as well as combining "- 5/32" Vacuum Hose #17" and this - 5/16" Large Vacuum Hose #16 together on a single vacuum connector. ? :rockon:

88accordhb
05-10-2004, 09:13 PM
well if youre gonna custom the intake like i did, you won't need to have them run together, just as long as both vacumn line into the intake pipe or airbox so that it can run into the carb. but yah if you gonna buy the civic intake pipe then you can either run them to the vacumn connector or just drill another hole and connect each separartely. but don't worry bout it too much, it won't really affect performance. i test drove the car both pluged 16 and 17 and it runs fine, however i wouldn't keep it that way for a long time, don't know wat can happen. oh and the pvc you can just block it off at the valve cover with the 10 dollar breather filter. it blow some hotass gas and fumes soo if you want COLD air why let it put hot ass fume in the carb? just make sure you do run the pvc to the carb when the emission test comes.