PDA

View Full Version : Factory Amp went to shit.

kruddler
05-10-2004, 09:36 PM
I had one front speaker working and on the other front one, it was about half as load with lots of static. Nothing coming from the rear speakers. I thought I would just remove the amp and just use the factory head unit. I tried for hours to figure that damn factory wiring out. Nothing I did seemed to work. I went to Circut City and got a new Alpine head unit and ran the speaker wires from that directly to each speaker. It was a bitch pulling wire to the door speakers. It took me close to 10 hours to install and run the new wires and put eveything back together. In the end I finally have a functional stereo. :)

Moodybluesr
05-11-2004, 01:19 AM
Ah, the things we go through for car audio... :D

ag bullet
05-11-2004, 02:45 AM
I had one front speaker working and on the other front one, it was about half as load with lots of static. Nothing coming from the rear speakers. I thought I would just remove the amp and just use the factory head unit. I tried for hours to figure that damn factory wiring out. Nothing I did seemed to work. I went to Circut City and got a new Alpine head unit and ran the speaker wires from that directly to each speaker. It was a bitch pulling wire to the door speakers. It took me close to 10 hours to install and run the new wires and put eveything back together. In the end I finally have a functional stereo. :)

I am having similar problems with mine. Basically, the audio cuts in and out and I have tons of static. I am torn between finding a replacement amp ar doing like you and just starting over with a new HU and speakers. FWIW, I found a site that repairs the farctory stuff althought it is a little pricey...

http://carstereohelp.com/honda.htm

kruddler
05-11-2004, 04:57 AM
I went to several junk yards to see if I could get a replacement amp. There were none available. I really did not want to spend alot of money to fix this, but I could not take sound coming from one speaker anymore. I went to circut city and for $149 I can get a new head unit with a cd player that is alot better than the factory. The only thing that stunk was it taking so long to install.

It was also fun smashing that factory amp. I hated it!!! Glad its gone and even glader it's gone and smashed.