PDA

View Full Version : 4 bucket seats in my 4door 3G???

Mike's89AccordLX
05-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Here's the thing, I already installed 89 Prelude Si seats in my car before. And I took the seats out of my 91 prelude si before it went to the junkers and I started thinking I wonder how that would look and it it would be worth doing.

Obvious things: Custom steel brackets. (probably out of 1.5" square tube steel)
I would have to re-carpet the floor so it wouldn't show the metal.
It's possible that I wouldn't need to have custom seat belts b/c I could mount the seats so I could use the oringal belts and keep the belt buckle on the seat.
I would have to dye or paint both sets of prelude si seats to match so it doesn't look Fugly.

I orignally wanted to do this with racing seats a long ass time ago but well these seats are mine and I dont have to pay anything for them and I have help from my dad who has been a metal fabricator and auto body man since before I was born.

What do you guys think of this idea for my car?

-Mike

rattler
05-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Taht a good idea I'm thiking of do the same and put some flexciglass to cover the hole on trunk

HostileJava
05-11-2004, 12:47 PM
It would defintetly give you more room and sealing off the trunk with plexi would look great, especially with subs in it or somthing and maybe a pulsing light. I would think the racing seats with a 5point harness would be easier to do since they have the belts built into them. I'd like to see someone do a photoshop of it.

88ebrake
05-11-2004, 01:14 PM
no a pulsing light is what we like to call major :rice:

hahahahahahahahahahaha

HostileJava
05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
no a pulsing light is what we like to call major :rice:

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Why exactly is that? I have a pulsing light in my sub amp are you calling me rice? It's not a huge flashing light on the top of the car, I nice Cold cathode light illuminating the side of the plexi glass would look really hot and if you ever engrave anything in it, the engraving will glow that color as well. It's only rice if it's not tasteful. :uh: If you ask me illuminated glass looks ten times better then just plain plexi.

Busted_Blue
05-11-2004, 01:34 PM
4 bucket seats would be interesting.

How about adding a B pillar Bar and have 4 point racing harness seat belts for the front and then adding a C pillar Bar for the rear seat belts.. About the whole trunk, how are you going to seal it. Where the rear armrest used to be, why not put two subs vertically there and make the trunk itself the housing. :D

Mike's89AccordLX
05-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Yeah I kinda like that idea about engraved plexi-glass with a neon.

-Mike

T-Funk
05-11-2004, 03:38 PM
i had always wanted to put a 3rd bucket in the middle of the back and sub on each side but my car isnt in good enough condition to warrant snazzyness such as that

Vanilla Sky
05-12-2004, 02:29 AM
i tried...

all i can say is first of all, you have to scrap out the idea of mounts all together if anybody over 5'6" is expected to sit back there... you can just bolt the seat pans to the floor itself... you're also fonna need to drop your gas tank... i made the mistake of trying to drill the mounting holes without doing that first... i busted my tank, and i barely went to the other side of the sheetmetal of the body... it would look nice, but i abandoned the project due to the lack of a welder i could weld mounts to with... i do have test fitment pictures, though

Mike's89AccordLX
05-12-2004, 04:40 AM
Vanilla Sky could you post those pics? That would be great so maybe it will give me some ideas. I'm might be buying a welder soon, my dad has one but I would like my own welder. Thanks for the info on the gas tank man, that could have been bad.

-Mike

Vanilla Sky
05-12-2004, 07:04 AM
PM me your e-mail

86LXItooFAST4me
05-12-2004, 07:37 AM
:rice:

DanLXI88
05-12-2004, 08:41 AM
I couldn't see doing it myself. If I was going to actually be sitting in the back maybe I could justify the work and time. I thought if I did anything it would be pull the back seat out since I don't use it and I keep it folded down anyway.

Vanilla Sky
05-12-2004, 12:03 PM
have you ever ridden in tha back a long way in the 3gee? it's uncomfortable as hell

HostileJava
05-12-2004, 12:06 PM

Wow that was a very insightful contribution. I'm glad you took the time to type that explination out. Maybe next time you could just forget about it though, ok? :rolleyes:

Bloodlust
05-12-2004, 12:08 PM

What exactly is :rice: about that? I think its a hella good idea.

JakeEXLS
05-12-2004, 01:15 PM
I wanted to do that as well, even if it was just another two from seats the same as the front ones...
I saw it done in a a civic (about 95 or somthing) and the guy had 4 proper racing seats, and in the middle he had cup holders lol, but the back parcel tray was just partical board with amps and speakers screwed to it. It looked good though, work in progress.

Forgar_88
05-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Ummm, even though i have a hatch, i dont think that it would look too good, plus, when you let that back down dont you have enough room to lay around and make out with your chick? Interesting idea though.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-12-2004, 01:36 PM
lol, damn. my bad guys, thats just what i thought. its not like i said you all are a bunch of stupid asses for putting 4 racing seats in a car or anything. all i said was ":rice:" sorry if i threw a log on the fire, and got you all hot. lol.

Vanilla Sky
05-12-2004, 02:02 PM
yeah, sure... "Pea-tear" Griffin

DanLXI88
05-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Ummm, even though i have a hatch, i dont think that it would look too good, plus, when you let that back down dont you have enough room to lay around and make out with your chick? Interesting idea though.
I'm not sure if your are referring to my post or not but the front seats lay back for that also :devil: I was going to use the room for audio equipment.

87Hybrid
05-12-2004, 10:04 PM
This is teh setup going into my 85 Civic Sedan
http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/albums/Interrior/aah.sized.jpg
http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/albums/Interrior/aag.sized.jpg

I took the seat rails off of the seats (dont need to slide any more) and took the metal frame from the origional back seat and welded brackets to it to mount hthe seats and added some extra braces to bolt to the floor. They are in there solid.

superguillermo
05-12-2004, 11:03 PM
That would look sick on a hatchie!!!

Hey...if you have the tools you need to get the project done...why not?

HostileJava
05-13-2004, 07:38 AM
lol, damn. my bad guys, thats just what i thought. its not like i said you all are a bunch of stupid asses for putting 4 racing seats in a car or anything. all i said was ":rice:" sorry if i threw a log on the fire, and got you all hot. lol.

Don't act like a 'tard, what you had to say was in no way helpful or constructive, if you don't like it fine then say you don't like it. You don't have to be offensive. If I didn't like your mom I would say "She's not my thing", you'd never here me say "she's an ugly hoe that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole" because I'm just not that kinda guy. Nobody really likes people like that. Do you know what I'm saying? :werd:

86LXItooFAST4me
05-13-2004, 07:42 AM
lol, dude i said im sorry. what do you want? lol

:rice: :rice:

Mike's89AccordLX
05-13-2004, 07:45 AM
Thanks for all the pics guys. This has really made me want to do this. I know there will always be haters out there but you know what, who gives a flying f**k what they think. It's my car, if you think my car is Rice come and race me buddy. I'm putting 4 bucket seats in my car not putting GREDDY or AEM or APC stickers all over my car.

-Mike

Vanilla Sky
05-13-2004, 07:49 AM
one thing i should warn you about... you are adding weight

Mike's89AccordLX
05-13-2004, 07:51 AM
Yeah I kinda figured that, I will just have to go on a diet to offset it ;)

I really don't mind if I add some weight to the car, currently I've been racing people with my prelude 5 speed tranny in the trunk.

HostileJava
05-13-2004, 07:52 AM
lol, dude i said im sorry. what do you want? lol

:rice: :rice:

Well just stop posting in this thread since you have nothing to offer, if you have somthing to say to me do it in a PM.

Vanilla Sky
05-13-2004, 07:52 AM
well, then trading the tranny for those seats is a weight loss :p

HostileJava
05-13-2004, 07:55 AM
Do those seats that you are using have the lumbar support? That would be so nice.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-13-2004, 07:58 AM
peoples, i was just playing with you all, like i said before. and to make things right, i will now turn around and let anyone one who is angered by me take ONE KICK to my ass. lol. and mike, buddy ill race you anytime you want but im not going to Minnesota. thats a loonng drive.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-13-2004, 07:58 AM
Yes the do have the lumbar support. They're so comfortable that's partially why I want to do this, since I have them and my dad thought it would kind of cool. I could put another SEi console for the back seats in too. hmmm.... maybe there wouldnt be enough room.

-Mike

AccordEpicenter
05-13-2004, 09:21 AM
just strip your car out from the front seats back

HondaBoy
05-13-2004, 08:28 PM
i think a few of us had this same idea of having bucket seats in the back. i'd tried this out a long while back. it could work nicely with some mods done to the bottom of the seats i suppose. dont know how you'd fab up brakets. they'd have to be pretty much not going past the bottom of the seat so it would stay low and not make a head clearance problem. anyway, i had thought that would look really good with a custom center console between them, probley something that looks stock.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-14-2004, 06:23 AM
Yeah I was thinking of having a center console in back to if there was room. I have my old maroon console (LX) and I have my new sei maroon console. I could probably use the shifter part on the lx console and make a spot for cupholders. Or I could do this, carefully take out the hidden armrest on the stock back seat and somehow put in on the stock lx shifter console.

-Mike

momo8517
05-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Super's right...that would look facken awesome in a hatch...
I'm gonna get one just to do it.

pixiesfan78
05-19-2004, 06:08 PM
i was cosidering it but i have 91 lude seats in the front in order to do them in the back ide probly have to take the headrests off it might not look right that way. geuss i just need to measure.my other solution for a custom look in the back is to glass those two pads on the sides of the rear fold down seats and roll them in to the backdash.heh heh

Magny
05-29-2004, 10:13 AM
I was thinkin of those bucket seats or racing seats idea too, but decided that I am just gonna custom make an infinite baffle free air sub system back there and let it flow through with the interior. sucks that this wont be going into a project form yet until I get a garage to do this into

philth2
06-01-2004, 08:25 PM
4 racing (Not reclineable) bucket seats.. You'll never get laid in that car again..