PDA

View Full Version : Blue light window washer Nozzles!

JakeEXLS
05-12-2004, 01:56 AM
Heres my new buy:
http://www34.brinkster.com/tazzle/3Geez/BlueLights1.JPG
What they are is the window washer water jets that are on the hood, and they have blue lights in the front of them that face foward. The photo really doesnt do it justice, but because its absoutly pissing down outside, ill take another better photo at a later date.

So what do you think... Rice :thumbdown or Cool? :rockon:

And have you seen anyhting like them before???

Comments please!

Mike's89AccordLX
05-12-2004, 04:41 AM
I have to say I never have liked those before, but I don't think it looks too bad.

I sent you a new email Jake.

-Mike

pimp86LX
05-12-2004, 04:45 AM
sorry, i think they're rice.

and around here you'll get a ticket anytway :rolleyes: they say blue is for snow plow

Mike's89AccordLX
05-12-2004, 04:46 AM
But he lives in New Zealand so it might be different.

Oh hey Jake when you send me those things could you send me one of those parking poles and switch too?

Thanks,
Mike

Bryan
05-12-2004, 05:07 AM
Sorry.....ugly.....

HostileJava
05-12-2004, 06:09 AM
I had them on my hatch a while ago, I liked them more cause they were chrome compared to the black ones we have in there now. I'll have to see if I can dig up a pic of me my hatch with them on at night.

DeathRat
05-12-2004, 06:27 AM
I've got Chrome Skull WSW jets on my hood, they have blue LED eyes too. I like them personally.

DanLXI88
05-12-2004, 07:00 AM
Lots of people in my area have them. I think they look cool but played out around here.

Oyvind Ryeng
05-12-2004, 09:21 AM
OMG thats rice.

88accordhb
05-12-2004, 09:41 AM
sorry, you could've used that money on food or something. it looks nice but a waste of money anyways.

Vinny
05-12-2004, 09:50 AM
its your car, so as long as you like them. Personally I think they are fugly and played out.

Blue Impact
05-12-2004, 12:00 PM
They don't match your headlights so I don't think they look good. But go with whatever'll satisfy you, not us.

MrBen
05-12-2004, 12:17 PM
When I bought my car, I thought my nozzles were bad and clogged so I replaced them with the chrome ones with clear lights in them. I used them for a while but then decided they looked too stupid on my car and hacked off the wires. I do however prefer the chrome nozzle over stock.

i.c.
05-12-2004, 12:33 PM
lol....i have non hooked up green ones....i don't know where to put the wires/ the stock washer elbow broke...so yea

86LXItooFAST4me
05-12-2004, 12:43 PM
doesnt light travel through water?? is there a way to rig the sprayers to where when you spray water the stream will light up?

Bloodlust
05-12-2004, 12:43 PM
I was never a fan of that stuff. That would go on my rice list, im sorry.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-12-2004, 12:45 PM
im not a fan either but it would be funny to see a streem of glowing water

JakeEXLS
05-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Hmm well looks like they arnt as well liked as i thought they might be. I havent seen anyhting like them before (Apart from some clear ones on my mates mini) so when i saw blue ones i thought sweet. I like them, but i surpose the saying "each to his own" does go here lol. A lot of people have wee blue lights on their dash pointing foward out the window, and i dont really like this because that seems tacky and heaps of people have them, so i thought these would be different. (But obiously really common in the US!)

As far as i know they arnt illegal. Snow only drops here about once every 3285y8903635 years so i cant be classes as a snow plow, and ive driven past a few cops and they havent done jack shit so i dunno.

Yeah these are chrome, but they dont have the coloured water streams. That wouldnt look too bad, but i wouldnt do it personally! They only cost me $NZ18 on special (Down from $30 so i had to have them :rolleyes: ). There might be a way to make light travel up water, but not on these things. At the moment ive got them hooked up to the from park lights. im building a killswitch at the moment so i can turn them off if i dont want them on.

Ill email you back now Mike...!

markmdz89hatch
05-12-2004, 01:22 PM
I have them on my hatch. Personally, I think the chrome ones look like ass, but if you get the ones with the black or smoked housings, then as long as you use the lights sparingly, they can look great. I'm not a fan of the chrome b/c of how big they are, and b/c our cars don't have much if any other chrome on them, so they stand out like a sore thumb.

But really, this is just IMO.

johndej
05-12-2004, 02:28 PM
hmm.... they don't look too bad and if your other ones were messed up then y not.

MIK3
05-12-2004, 08:31 PM
If mine ever get clogged and I need to replace them. A new set of stock ones are going on. No glowing for this stock 3gee, thanks. . .

ICEMAN707
05-12-2004, 09:16 PM
you don't see blue ones cus blue ones are illegal. can't have any blue or red lights/neon/LED's on any car when driving on the streets. no strobes either. cops will pull you over and give you a very nice fine if they see you. those are as ricey IMO as those LED valve stem caps.

personally, i think lighting accents are better in the interior. well hidden also. the only lighting i would want on the outside are LED undercar kits and one LED bar in the front bumper grill, well hidden. and maybe a sweep scanning pattern LED bar in the hood grill a la knight rider style.

superguillermo
05-12-2004, 11:08 PM
rice!!

If you rigged the connection to the electric water pump sprayer and made them light when activating the jet...they might look OK.

DeathRat
05-13-2004, 06:17 AM
The outside accessory lights can get you in trouble with the cops....That's why I've put mine on a seperate circuit with it's own switch. My LED WSW Jets & APC Conversion lights with blue accent bulbs are wired together. I only turn them on while driving at dusk (not night) or when at car meets (which is weekly). Driving with them on at nights is just asking for a ticket up here.....As I've also got tinted tails, tinted windows, etc.....the cops would have a hayday with my car. Therefore why attract their attention?

zuhalter
05-13-2004, 06:46 AM
Attract attention? Well I've had my blue ones on for a year down here, I drive a ton at night, past cops ect but they don't do anything. It would kinda suck if they started going through my car, I straight-piped the muffler so that wouldn't help either. I've been pulled over for speeding and they never said anything about either the lights or the exhaust. Personally I like them, they are slightly rice but I needed new ones anyways and they were on sale and it was technically my first mod, so I was really excited. The chrome ones match with the chrome around my windows, I think they are supposed to be black, because I can peel some black stuff off the border of the back window and it shows chrome... looks better that way anyways I think.

PortugalFocus
05-13-2004, 09:05 AM
sorry man I think it looks ricey. we cant have them here where I live either.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-13-2004, 09:45 AM
hey, dont call people rice here. they will throw a hissy fit.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-13-2004, 09:53 AM
There are so many versions of the word "rice" and to different people it means different things. When you use it like you have been doing its mean. Or when all you have to say in your posts are pointless things that only you care about. I don't have any beef with you , but it is starting to be really annoying to many members that all you have to talk about in posts are negative or pointless things. It's just that this site would be a whole lot better if people weren't so negative all the time, it gets old and a lot of people are fed up with it. So why don't you post things that are useful instead of trying to create arguements or just to piss people off.

-Mike

88ebrake
05-13-2004, 09:56 AM
RICE i mean cmon ur not in a civic stop that

86LXItooFAST4me
05-13-2004, 10:12 AM
There are so many versions of the word "rice" and to different people it means different things. When you use it like you have been doing its mean. Or when all you have to say in your posts are pointless things that only you care about. I don't have any beef with you , but it is starting to be really annoying to many members that all you have to talk about in posts are negative or pointless things. It's just that this site would be a whole lot better if people weren't so negative all the time, it gets old and a lot of people are fed up with it. So why don't you post things that are useful instead of trying to create arguements or just to piss people off.

-Mike

see what i mean??

mike, that thread was me JOKING. im sorry if i OFFENDED YOU!

and for those of you who dont know what he talking about

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=33333

i think more people should vote, but i wasnt tring to start anything but a j/k.
you people need to do more of this :bong: then everything will be alright. lol

Bloodlust
05-13-2004, 10:24 AM
see what i mean??

mike, that thread was me JOKING. im sorry if i OFFENDED YOU!

and for those of you who dont know what he talking about

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=33333

i think more people should vote, but i wasnt tring to start anything but a j/k.
you people need to do more of this :bong: then everything will be alright. lol

I think his point is that u always say "rice" or "stupid". I have to admit that does get pretty annoying. You need to listen to that child within you that still remembers Mom telling u when u were young "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all."

Cheeseburger
05-13-2004, 10:25 AM
ya i dont like them, here in la they are played out, and the majoraty of the people who have them have some ugly ass cars, ad it makes the car look gettto.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-13-2004, 10:31 AM
I think his point is that u always say "rice" or "stupid". I have to admit that does get pretty annoying. You need to listen to that child within you that still remembers Mom telling u when u were young "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all."

i guess know one ready me sayinf "IT WAS A JOKE" in prety much every post. im droping this now, whatever people. i said it like 4 times that it was a joke and that i was sorry. and if you search through my post that is like the 2nd time i told anyone that it was "rice" and both times it was a joke. anways, im going to say it again, IT WAS A JOKE AND IM SORRY.....

od2681
05-13-2004, 11:33 AM
sorry, you could've used that money on food or something. it looks nice but a waste of money anyways.
..hahahahhaha...you know what i was thinkin the same thing

markmdz89hatch
05-13-2004, 12:23 PM
alright guys, chill. 86LXItooFAST4me, we understand now that it was a joke, but might I suggest you not "joke" as much as you have been lately. Mike, I understand you are frustrated, but posting in this thread is not the right way to address it.

To everyone, let's try and hold off on calling "RICE" as much as I've seen lately. It's one of those terms which has no real definite meaning, and is found to be highly offensive by many. No one is getting any formal "strikes" here yet, but let's all just take a deep breath, and think a little more before making negative comments.

Please let this be the last post that's off the original topic of the thread. If that can't happen, I'll start by deleting some of the argumentive posts, and may end up closing the thread.

Thanks guys.

JakeEXLS
05-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Whoops, looks like this caused a bit of a heated discussion! My bad!
First of all id like to say that i dont think they are rice (Well i bought them, so of course i wouldnt!) and like i said before, i havent seen them around here before, and i thought they would be different around here. They are, but by the seems of things, they are common as in LA and the rest of the US.
I dont think of myself as a ricer, i dont want to over-do things and make my car look ricey, (Ill stop using that word now) but i though these would look ok.
Maybe as 86LXItooFAST4me said more people could vote? Is there any way to change this into a poll? maybe then people could straight out vote, and also leave comments

Just an idea :rolleyes: :)

HondaBoy
05-13-2004, 08:23 PM
i personally wouldnt want them, but they are alright. we've had those in the U.S. for a few years now. i've seen the ones that can change different colors, i think pilot makes them. i know i've also seen apc ones. hey, if you like em its cool. a lot of people have em around here in my town, can look good with other color matched led accents.

Forgar_88
05-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Hey 86LXI, thats a cool idea! I might try that out with mine this weekend......Dunno if it will work though, might have to buy another set just in case if screw it up.

Shagen
05-17-2004, 12:59 PM
That Absolulty Is The Single Shittiest Ricer Mod You Could Ever Do To A Car

86LXItooFAST4me
05-17-2004, 01:09 PM
That Absolulty Is The Single Shittiest Ricer Mod You Could Ever Do To A Car

lol, but it would be funny!

Slavic
05-17-2004, 08:45 PM
I need to change mine. I"m not a fan and they would really stick out on my car, but in my local stores the choice is between stock replacements at $7 a pice in one store and $10+ a pair LEDs in two other stores.

If they can be modded to be under hood lights they may prove useful.

lostforawhile
04-27-2008, 12:52 AM
hahahahah i forgot all about this thread, has a rice fight in the middle of it. good read for a laugh. people actually thought those colored washer nozzles were cool?

A18A
04-27-2008, 12:56 AM
http://sighost.techstarcomputers.net/sigs/no_defficate.jpg lol

Cheeseburger
04-27-2008, 12:56 AM
yes sir! now they are pretty much extinct here in L.A.

lostforawhile
04-27-2008, 01:09 AM
i remember before the olympics in atlanta they had some of those signs saying please don't deffecate on platform in the marta stations. before they sent all the bums to bum concentration camps

Civic Accord Honda
04-27-2008, 01:17 AM
i had a set of the blue led ones with strobe on my car for a couple of months then the wires got melted (i suck at wiring shit) and the nozzles stopped working right so i put the oem ones back on lol i personly like them still though

Hazwan
04-27-2008, 07:09 AM
i had a set of the blue led ones with strobe on my car for a couple of months then the wires got melted (i suck at wiring shit) and the nozzles stopped working right so i put the oem ones back on lol i personly like them still though

:rice: :rice:

Civic Accord Honda
04-27-2008, 12:11 PM
:P i know they are lol hence why i have not gotten a new pair (i dont like ricey stuff on oldschool hondas anymore)

HostileJava
04-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Why won't you people let these threads dye.

frantik
04-27-2008, 12:34 PM
im glad this thread got bumped just for the subway pic :lol:

BITESIZE
04-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Why won't you people let these threads dye.

I was thinking the same thing.:gun:

lostforawhile
04-27-2008, 01:57 PM
because it was a funny thread and it's good for a laugh to look back and think people thought these things were cool at one point.

MessyHonda
04-28-2008, 09:15 PM

werd

A18A
04-28-2008, 09:25 PM
+1

lostforawhile
10-05-2008, 04:33 AM
http://oldgit.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/elec-sign-001.jpg

import racer
10-05-2008, 11:51 AM
I think they look cool,alot cheaper than the factory ones.Besides if we all did our cars like each others we'd all look alike.INDIVIDUALITY everyone has the right to like what they like.

AccordB20A
10-05-2008, 12:01 PM
those blue lights are rteh illegal in new zealand as they are blue and you cant show blue or red lights on the front of your car. people might think you are the po-lice.

i wonder if greens legal. The only ricey thing i have on my car is my blue LED number plate lights hahaha. I might jhave to do a matt tho and install blue neons in my boot as a boot light:) the stock boot light doesnt quite cut it sometimes ha

A18A
10-05-2008, 12:23 PM
haha is that so? i installed some red ones on someones car the other day lol

markmdz89hatch
10-06-2008, 05:37 AM
those blue lights are rteh illegal in new zealand as they are blue and you cant show blue or red lights on the front of your car. people might think you are the po-lice.

i wonder if greens legal. The only ricey thing i have on my car is my blue LED number plate lights hahaha. I might jhave to do a matt tho and install blue neons in my boot as a boot light:) the stock boot light doesnt quite cut it sometimes ha

I can vouch for us US'ers here and say that I know for a fact the blue or red are illegal (for use on the street) for the same reason. Green here is EMT (medical), so that's out too. Orange (amber) is only the color for DOT trucks, and tow-trucks, so I think that's OK. Hell, it's the stock color for most turn signals so I can't see how adding any more orange could posisbly be any trouble.

...oh and for the record, mine are still on my 3G (although the damn thing has not seen the light of day for at least the past 3 years.)

2oodoor
10-06-2008, 06:43 AM
...oh and for the record, mine are still on my 3G (although the damn thing has not seen the light of day for at least the past 3 years.)

silly, those are for night time use

:cool:

2ndGenGuy
10-06-2008, 08:14 AM

Haha! I still have the blue ones on my 2G as well. I haven't turned them on in about 3 years though. Kinda forgot they were there until now...

labeledsk8r
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
I can vouch for us US'ers here and say that I know for a fact the blue or red are illegal (for use on the street) for the same reason. Green here is EMT (medical), so that's out too. Orange (amber) is only the color for DOT trucks, and tow-trucks, so I think that's OK. Hell, it's the stock color for most turn signals so I can't see how adding any more orange could posisbly be any trouble.

it can vary from state to state, here in florida red and blue are the only colors you can not have green, yellow, amber, pink, white, are all ok colors. purple is "suposed" to be allright but i have seen a few people get pulled over becuse the cop thought they were blue lights...

but yeah, green is the #1 seller of those things here in FL

AccordB20A
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
i fulled riced out my 1st accord with blue lights and blue paint, looked good until the police objected:P

codyJDM
10-06-2008, 01:57 PM
:rice: :kekeke:

Civic Accord Honda
10-06-2008, 04:24 PM
i need to buy another set for the legend since the stock ones were brokedn and i put the 3g ones on which dont work worth of crap anymore haha

rfiks
10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
ya thats good for at least 10- 15 hp(sarcasm)