PDA

View Full Version : Should I get this B20A?

thegreatdane
05-12-2004, 06:41 AM
Ok, I thought I was going to get a B20A2 Accord sedan with leather interior from germany but that stupid german sold it, although I had told him to hold on to it and I wanted it.. :rolleyes:

But I can get a JDM B20A (44.117 miles) with a JDM ECU from a junkyard close to me instead. They want $876 for it. That's without the transmission and alternator. I just got off the phone with the guy and of course I forgot to ask if it had a clutch and flywheel... The missing parts I would get from a B20A2. That would be the tranny and alternator and maybe the flywheel and clutch.
If anyone knows that these things from the B20A2 are not the same then please say so. I can get a B20A2 tranny with 53.437 miles on it from a junkyard, they have it listed as a F2X5 but I think thats just supposed to be a K instead of an X, so it should be the same tranny as the B20A use. There are more B20A2 trannys but this was just the one with the lowest mileage.
And the junkyard has an extra JDM B20A by the way.
Theres not a lot of info out about interchangeability between B20A and B20A2(/1) parts but if anyone has any info on it that would be great.
I can get new B20A2 parts so if most of the parts fit that would be great.
Comments and advice is welcome.

Oh, has anyone ever had their B20A dyno'ed? (not B20A2)

foobari
05-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Comments and advice is welcome.
My only advice to you is that you go out and buy that B20 sucker! Having been driving my Civic Type-R now for a couple of months I just yesterday had a spin in my old B20A2 Accord (it's my wife's now) and it was just fabulous!

Obviously the Accord felt soft compared to Type-R, and would have been smoked by my new 200hp i-VTEC monster, but there was just something unspeakingly sexy with my moment with the Accord. The B20A2 engined 3g just has that something, I can't really explain it but I just love it, and it's reasonably fast too. It has something to do with the monsterous low intake roar when I step on it, the stylish interior, the ride, the styling, just everything. I just love that car!

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/412000-412999/412806_16_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/412000-412999/412806_4_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/412000-412999/412806_5_full.jpg

thegreatdane
05-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Yea, there's something special about them. They deserve to be kept alive. Good to see your still checking the boards although you're driving a CTR now. Happy you kept the Accord in the family :)

carotman
05-12-2004, 08:51 AM
The B20A2 parts should fit the JDM B20A without problem.

If you have the JDM ECU you will need the JDM distributor and cyl sensor too (on the exhaust cam)

There are a couple differences to make the JDM one put out 160 hp.

Since you have lots of B20A2 parts available where you live, there shouldn't be a problem with the JDM engine.

thegreatdane
05-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Alright, thanks. The engine should have the distributor and sensors along with some harness. So I should be able to get the electronic ignition working.
Has anyone actually ever found out the excact differences between the EDM and JDM engine? (Besides the ECU and electronic ignition advance)