PDA

View Full Version : Gabriel Ultra Struts vs. KYB

Not like a rock
05-12-2004, 10:26 AM
If any of the susp. guru's have anything to say about Gabriel vs KYB stock height struts, please speak now. It's cheaper for me to order KYBs from shox.com than to buy Gabriels locally.

My current struts are shot to hell, and I have to do my deliveries fast on rough roads. I'm leaning to KYB because I've never heard of Gabriel and it's only mentioned in passing when I did the search.

Thanks for feed-back.

Busted_Blue
05-12-2004, 11:00 AM
I never used Garbriel, but KYB shocks are pretty comfortable with stock springs. I used to have Koni Reds, and they were stiff as hell with bumps. My reds died and I got kybs and the ride was much more comfortable. Now I have tokico blues on tokico springs and they are fairly comfortable too.

I'm not sure on gabriel but for stock ride, thumbs up to KYB and Tokico.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-12-2004, 08:24 PM
I never used Garbriel, but KYB shocks are pretty comfortable with stock springs. I used to have Koni Reds, and they were stiff as hell with bumps. My reds died and I got kybs and the ride was much more comfortable. Now I have tokico blues on tokico springs and they are fairly comfortable too.

I'm not sure on gabriel but for stock ride, thumbs up to KYB and Tokico.

What did you do with your dead red's?

superguillermo
05-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Cheaper is always better! Well...not with everything. I have heard that KYB's are really good with stock springs.

Busted_Blue
05-13-2004, 08:21 PM
What did you do with your dead red's?

sad part is my dad threw them out. :( otherwise I would've either sent them back to Koni..

Jims 86LXI HB
05-13-2004, 11:00 PM
sad part is my dad threw them out. :( otherwise I would've either sent them back to Koni..

:sadwave: Oh man that sucks. Yeah I was thinking along the lines of having them rebuilt. If not for you to resell to someone else for them to have them rebuilt.

Busted_Blue
05-14-2004, 12:06 PM
:sadwave: Oh man that sucks. Yeah I was thinking along the lines of having them rebuilt. If not for you to resell to someone else for them to have them rebuilt.

If i had them, I would've already rebuilt them and either sell them or use them myself. Shame though. My dad even regrets dumping them. HE got them as a deal from a friend in 95 for 350. If only I knew more about cars then... (i was like 10 at the time...). He only threw them out recently like 2years ago.. :sad2: