PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start!!!:-( HELP!!!!

Volitech
05-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Alright so I went ahead a bought some NGK irideum spark plugs... I gapped them and put them in the car went to start it and it just will not start!!!
And it was running perfect before I put in the new plugs...

Any suggestions are more than welcome!!!!!

Thank god it's hot out and I have the FZ600 to get a round on!

Bloodlust
05-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Well straight off I would say its something with the spark plugs. Try putting ur old ones back in and see if it works. Also make sure that u put the spark plug wires in the correct order.

HostileJava
05-12-2004, 11:25 AM
I would say you have the firing order messed up for your plugs, are you sure you have the wires on the same plugs they came off of?

Edit:
I know this is a big picture but let it load and make sure you have your wires the same places these are going from longest wire on the right to shortest on the left.

http://hostilejava.com/images/IMG_2839.JPG

erics86dx
05-12-2004, 11:28 AM
yeah like they said make sure you didnt switch any thing up, ive done it before one time i did it to my dads truck and man i had to figure that one out fast, or he would have kicked my ass

86LXItooFAST4me
05-12-2004, 11:53 AM
AND make sure you got your coil pluged in! lol

cvergi01
05-12-2004, 12:01 PM
I did that once ( got the wires in the wrong order ) and it took me hours and a lot of swearing to figure it out, boy I felt like an ass

Volitech
05-12-2004, 01:18 PM
I know I have the wires on right I checked that first and I did them one at a time and put on the wire back on before starting the next! I will try putting the old ones back in and see if that helps!

Volitech
05-12-2004, 03:14 PM
so when I went to put the old plugs back in but when I pulled off plug wire the metal clip stayed on the plug so it's pretty much shot!
I've got 8mm neuspeed wires on it right now and I don't want to go back to stock wires but I looked on the neuspeed web site and they list a little over a $100 is this the cheapest I'm gonna pay for a good set of wires???

cvergi01
05-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Check msd and accel. Msd is better than accel but both better than stock

NXRacer
05-12-2004, 03:37 PM
i got a set of nice crane wires for $40. you should be able to pick up a set for close to that price. My next option would have been MSD. They'd be my first choice, but i was able to get a good deal on the Crane wires.

what symptoms are you getting when you try to start your car?? Will it catch at all? Double check all your connections with the wires ESP the wire to the coil.

HostileJava
05-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Are all the plugs gapped properly? Does it turn over but not start?

k-roy
05-12-2004, 06:42 PM
what is your gap set at and what coil are you using?

88ebrake
05-13-2004, 08:33 AM
dude if it turns but will not fire its gotta be the firing order sounds just like what i did

Volitech
05-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Well Right now it turns over fine but won't pop! I have an accel super coil on right now and the gap is about .05 I'm gonna go ahead and try and fix the one plug wire since the metal clip just slid off and their is no damage I can see. And then throw the old plugs back in and see what happens.
And I'll get out my manual and double check the firing order!

Rendon LX-i
05-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Man the stock gap is .45 and u have it at .05 JEEZ correct me if im wrong somebody but i gaped mine like that and its fine and pulls better. I got a tip for ya. Do one spark plug at a time dont do all of them at once. i took one out gaped it put it in also on new spark plug wire. If u do it like that u wont run into these types of problems man. hoped i helped

Volitech
05-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Man the stock gap is .45 and u have it at .05 JEEZ correct me if im wrong somebody but i gaped mine like that and its fine and pulls better. I got a tip for ya. Do one spark plug at a time dont do all of them at once. i took one out gaped it put it in also on new spark plug wire. If u do it like that u wont run into these types of problems man. hoped i helped

I'm pretty sure that stock gap is .045 that forty five thousands....
.50 is a half inch= five hundred thousands, big differance...
You have the right idea but the desmal point is in the wrong place! :)

Volitech
05-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Well I put the old plugs back in it and it fired right up so I guess I'm gonna chalk this up to the irdeum plugs are crap that i won't waste my money on! Ohh well!!

86LXItooFAST4me
05-14-2004, 05:12 AM
BS! Irideum plugs kick ass. you just didnt have them installed right. i love those plugs. ive had the best results in all the imports i used them on. try regaping them and make sure you have all the plugs snapped on tightly. i think i had that prob with my toyota truck, i had to regap and try it again.

pimp86LX
05-14-2004, 06:09 AM
yes re-gap them. they are very nice plugs. long lasting.

Volitech
05-14-2004, 01:03 PM
I did pull them out and recheck the gap when it wouldn't start the first time!
I'm not going to put them back in because I've already tossed them in the trash.
I'm just gonna stick with the NGK r plugs... I love ngk plugs but I wouldn't waste money on the Irideums again.

Vinny
05-14-2004, 01:12 PM
I have the iridiums on both accords and love them. Never had a single problem with them

HostileJava
05-14-2004, 01:21 PM
I have the iridiums on both accords and love them. Never had a single problem with them

I find it very hard to follow what you type when those damn boobs are bouncing along on the side. Dammit.

86LXItooFAST4me
05-14-2004, 01:21 PM
I did pull them out and recheck the gap when it wouldn't start the first time!
I'm not going to put them back in because I've already tossed them in the trash.
I'm just gonna stick with the NGK r plugs... I love ngk plugs but I wouldn't waste money on the Irideums again.

hey, ill take them, send them to me!

Volitech
05-14-2004, 01:48 PM
sorry but trash went out on thursday!

DanLXI88
05-14-2004, 02:23 PM
I think maybe you might of had some bad plugs. Did you buy them new ?

Volitech
05-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Yah I bought them new and it seemed like they didn'y fire at all and I know that every thing was hooked up right