PDA

View Full Version : Ingall camber kit fitment

NeubJ
05-12-2004, 08:26 PM
A ingalls camber kit is listed on ebay and includes a pic. For anyone who knows or has one....
Is that a generic picture or the acutal kit that fits on the 3gee? (waiting for response from seller)
How does the ingalls camber kit fit on your suspension?
Is it easier to install the kit or the prelude control arms? (badlink for a search I did on how to for prelude arms)

300700'88lx-i
05-12-2004, 08:38 PM
The picture is pretty much what you get. I have the kit on my car and it looks just like that. It was easy to put on, probably easier than doing the Lude arm swap because you don't have to pull any ball joints. The only problem I ran into is that there is some subtleties in the hole placement on the adjustable part, and if you put it in the wrong way it doesn't work quite right. I didn't have the instructions which made it kind of tricky to get it right, but the kit should come with instructions which should take care of that problem. The fitment of the kit was right on, didn't have any problems anything not fitting quite right. The only noteable downside to the kit is that it's not quite as adjustable as the Lude arms. Only has three setting compared to the "infinite" number of settings on the Lude arms, I also don't think you get the range of adjustability with the Ingalls kit.

NeubJ
05-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Well my current camber is -1.9 on drivers side and -1.8. The kit claims to have -3/4 to +1 1/2.

300700'88lx-i
05-12-2004, 09:57 PM
The kit should be enough to put your car back into spec then. When I said "infinite" number of settings for the Lude arms, I meant that you can slide the arm into whatever position you want, there are no preset holes so you can dial in the camber to get it just right.

Vinny
05-13-2004, 04:06 AM
neub if you want a pic of what the ingalls kit looks like on our cars let me know and I can take a picture of mine. They are setiing on a set of new upper arm in the back of the hatch. They have just as much adjustment as the lide arms, its not a "3 setting" things as was previously mentioned. As you turn the inner nut it rotates the throughbolt which in turn moves the camber setting.

300700'88lx-i
05-13-2004, 11:26 AM
You're right Vinny, the Ingalls kit is just a little bit different than mine, it doesn't have three settings like I said. My bad, guess I should have looked at the picture a bit closer.