PDA

View Full Version : cruise control removal how-to?

ICEMAN707
05-13-2004, 06:57 AM
i really want to install my momo steering wheel but the hub i got cannot fit due to the damn cruise control ring in the way. looks like i have to hack off wires to get the cruise control off. cruise control is not working anyway, so might as well take it off. tell me, does anyone know how to properly remove this system completely, including parts of it in the engine bay, before i start messing with it? i wanna get it right the first time.

Vinny
05-13-2004, 07:10 AM
The slip ring harness has a 2 connector plug on the end of it. Ome of them you need to take the panel under the colum off and disconnect it, then take the 2 srcews out of the slip ring and it comes right out. The Actuator solenoid is simply held on by 2 bolts to the fenderwell. Take the electrical connectors off the solenoid, remove the 2 bolts and the assembly should lift right out, vacuum canister and all. Make sure you plug the vacuum line at the the intake manifold. As far as the actuator cable thats an easy one as well. Loosen the adjusting nut where the cable goes into the solenoid. Pull back the rubber boot and you should be able to slide the cable and out of the adjuster. The other end of the cable goes inside and is just above the pedal, if you want to just yank the cable as well. The control input box is a bitch to get to. Its located under the dash above the fuse box. Its a silver box with a 13 pin connector, I believe. Personally I'd just leave that in. I think that about covers the major components

ICEMAN707
05-13-2004, 10:52 AM
thanks vinny!!!

Vinny
05-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Not A problem. If you need anymore help with pulling that stuff out just shoot me a PM