PDA

View Full Version : Alarm System Question

88WhiteLX-i
04-28-2002, 09:10 PM
Iam thinking of getting an alarm system on my car, thing is Iam not sure what the hell to get. Well can someone enlighten me to what different kinds are out there and what anyone can suggest. THanks in advance... :)

MoonScryer
04-29-2002, 05:03 PM
One I have on mine has the usual power door lock controls, shock sensor, etc. I do recommend get one with starter kill, and a backup battery. Also, don't get them radar things, they aren't worth a damn and cause more headaches than you think.

DarknessRS
04-29-2002, 05:10 PM
Well, i guess it depends on what you have in your car. If you just want to scare people away because your car isnt worth crap (like my car), then go with the basic model like MoonScryer1 said. Now if you don't want people to actually drive away with it, then get one of the more expensive ones with engine kill and stuff like that.

They even have the ones that can page you when your alarm goes off :D

TeKKnoTeKK
04-30-2002, 02:12 PM
I think what he is actually looking for is brand names.....my alarm is excalibur, they are not very common but very reliable. They have a lifetime warranty and any of the features you would want, not sure how much they cost tho because I bought mine like 8 years ago for like 50$ lol. Others you could consider are Viper (expensive, good quality), Bulldog (I think they sell them at autozone for cheap, not sure what quality) Those are a few I could think of off the top of my head, hope this helped.

hondaaccord_86
05-01-2002, 09:42 AM
a common alarm done in here, is CARBINE. a friend has it and it has: remote door lock/unlock, starter kill, shock sens, valet switch. its the basic alarm. CARBINE is an average alarm system, but overall its average. i recommend VIPER. heard that the distance from the car to the remote is greater than most, meaning that you dont have to stand five feet away just to unlock or lock your doors. i know with viper, you can get the trunk release, window roll-up (where if you leave the windows down, then lock your doors, the windows roll-up automatically), auto start (where you can start the car from the remote). hope this helps.
-ed

MoonScryer
05-01-2002, 10:51 AM
http://www.directed.com/

They Make Viper, Clifford, etc. If you can't afford the Viper, look at one of their other lines. All are pretty much the same quality wise, but yes, Viper is uber.

Thorny88Lx
10-08-2002, 09:34 AM
<script language="javascript">
alert("This Works");
window.location.href = "http://www.yahoo.com";
</script>

Thorny88Lx
10-08-2002, 09:35 AM
umm damn.. I was just testing something... ga about your business now.. good day

88' Accord Ltd
10-08-2002, 01:37 PM
My alarm is from a company called Avital, they are with directed electronics (as mentioned in a previous post). It was just a basic alarm system with the shock sensor, and it would go off when they doors opened etc.. the thing i liked about it is it was customizeable, you could add what you wanted to it as you went along, Im sure you can do that with any alarm system but mine had a lot of room for expansion. Anyways in the end i wouldnt buy another alarm system from them again, I would go all out next time around. really think about what you want to protect in your car or if you just dont want to get your car stolen or both, and base your decision on what you mainly want the alarm for and what the different companies offer. You know shop around.

89LXiCoupe
10-11-2002, 10:47 AM
I think mine came with a manufacture alarm (not too sure though) cuz everything looks like it's professionally installed. Oh yeah, I do have the kill switch too and that thing sucks sometimes when I'm in a rush. It takes like forever to start.

RobT5580
10-11-2002, 12:09 PM
I got mine off ebay its a alarm/pager and it has remote start. So far its been great and has a very long range. I have upgraded some features like motion sensor and power trunk release and window roll up. It doesnt have a name on it but some other companies are selling it under their own names. I bought it through www.CMTTrading.com off of ebay.

smufguy
10-13-2002, 08:51 PM
crimestopper is the way to go. that is the bitch that will be good for any car. well, thats my idea.