PDA

View Full Version : Leaking ingectors

valerit1
05-13-2004, 03:32 PM
My injectors are leaking from the upper area of the injector itself - right below the connector, some brown goo coming out mixed with gasoline.What are my options?
Thanks,

Val

NXRacer
05-13-2004, 03:46 PM
get yourself a fuel injector seal kit. They're pretty easy to do, but they can get spendy. I thnk i was quoted something like 20 bucks an injector for the seal kit.

valerit1
05-13-2004, 04:34 PM
get yourself a fuel injector seal kit. They're pretty easy to do, but they can get spendy. I thnk i was quoted something like 20 bucks an injector for the seal kit.

You mean reseal the injector assembly itself? They are leaking
from the plastic squared area of injector, NOT from any seal contacts
with manifold or fuel rail.

Val

johnwc723
05-13-2004, 05:48 PM
yeah dude i hear you, same thing happend to me, for some reason EVERYONE thinks that its the o-rings when you say it, but i have never heard of someones o-rings leaking!

there is really no way of resealing that plastic to metal spot that i know of and it seems to happen to all injectors at some point (i tired to epoxy it but that didnt work)

you will have to head over to NOPI and get some remanufactured injectors, or find someone on the site kind enough to sell you their old OEM ones

AccordEpicenter
05-13-2004, 07:11 PM
just go to the junk yard or somthing... i might have a set here... lol a few sets actually

Vinny
05-13-2004, 07:46 PM
just go to the junk yard or somthing... i might have a set here... lol a few sets actually

Sounds familiar. I don't have a full set, but I have 3 extra. The 4th ones on the hatch :D

valerit1
05-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Checked all self-serve junk yards - seems they are a hot item -
pulled everywhere. Maybe because they fit nicely into pockets :lol: :lol: ? Anyway, I found a set from 89 which does not
have the brown goo trace. I have 87 LXi. But I discovered only 86-88 are the same, and 89 injectors are different :mad: :mad: ! Two questions:

1. How much is the difference - can I still interchange?

2. If I cannot, is someone interested in trading 86-88 non -leaking
set for the 89 set I found?

Val

86LXItooFAST4me
05-14-2004, 11:59 AM
ive got a few also, i sctually have one brand new one that i used for about a month if you wanna buy it.

NXRacer
05-14-2004, 12:43 PM
there should be NO difference between the 88-89's. You can use H22 injectors and even DSM injectors. I've heard of someone on here using the injectors out of a Legend V6. Just get yourself a 5 finger discount at the junk yard. If they're all gone, see if they have any in storage somewhere since they are kinda spendy but small enough to pocket.

AccordEpicenter
05-14-2004, 12:53 PM
H22 injectors are bigger... dont use them. You can use any 86-89 accord injectors, 85-87 lude Si injectors 90-97 accord injectors... you can use a whole variety as long as theyre 240cc (23lb/hr) peak hold injectors (civic/teg injectors tend to be saturated... no good, you need peak hold)..

86LXItooFAST4me
05-14-2004, 01:22 PM
H22 injectors are bigger... dont use them. You can use any 86-89 accord injectors, 85-87 lude Si injectors 90-97 accord injectors... you can use a whole variety as long as theyre 240cc (23lb/hr) peak hold injectors (civic/teg injectors tend to be saturated... no good, you need peak hold)..

they only pum 5cc more than stock

shepherd79
05-14-2004, 02:30 PM
i don't think the injector itself can break. i have never seen it. I will bet that it is your O-rings. i had the same problem. my injectors were leaking but it didn't look like it was comming from o-ring (top). but i went and replaced them with OEM honda ones and it fixed the problem.
don't try to replace just one, because when you lift the hole fuel rail you will have to replace all of them anyway.

johnwc723
05-15-2004, 07:02 PM
dude the injectors DEFINETLY leak between the plastic and the metal on them, i have replaced O rings and it didnt make a difference plus you can see the fuel oozing out from between the plastic and the metal if you look closely in much light, it can happen it happend to me!

AZmike
05-15-2004, 09:33 PM
dude the injectors DEFINETLY leak between the plastic and the metal on them, i have replaced O rings and it didnt make a difference plus you can see the fuel oozing out from between the plastic and the metal if you look closely in much light, it can happen it happend to me!

Same here. Three of the Accord's injectors were obviously leaking from the plastic-metal seam before I swapped them out. The top half of the injectors near the fuel rail o-ring were clean.

Vinny
05-15-2004, 09:47 PM
thats the exact way mine were leaking. It definitely was the injector and not the o ring

AccordEpicenter
05-15-2004, 10:10 PM
the Lude H22a vtec injectors were 280cc or 340cc... 5cc diff... i dont think so.

Blkblurr
05-17-2004, 08:42 AM
i don't think the injector itself can break. i have never seen it. I will bet that it is your O-rings. i had the same problem. my injectors were leaking but it didn't look like it was comming from o-ring (top). but i went and replaced them with OEM honda ones and it fixed the problem.
don't try to replace just one, because when you lift the hole fuel rail you will have to replace all of them anyway.
The leak point on these injectors is the upper body (connector/filter) that is pressed into the metal injector nozzle. They all will fail eventually like this. There is no way to repair them. I have tried. The gasket fails and requires you to pull the injector apart to fix. This will in turn destroy the injector. I had this problem in my 89 SE-i and have replaced them all one at a time. The brown goo is the varnish left by the evaporating gas.

Blkblurr
05-17-2004, 08:45 AM
At the point in the intake that the o-ring is, it is at atmosohere or lower (vacuum) There is no reason for anything to leak at the o-rings. Fuel that is. The injector is under pressure from the fuel pump in the upper plastic area. Once the fuel is sprayed into the intake at it's nozzle, there is no pressure to push past the o-ring. I have seen them leak at the plastic joint on mine.

AccordEpicenter
05-17-2004, 06:49 PM
The leak point on these injectors is the upper body (connector/filter) that is pressed into the metal injector nozzle. They all will fail eventually like this. There is no way to repair them. I have tried. The gasket fails and requires you to pull the injector apart to fix. This will in turn destroy the injector. I had this problem in my 89 SE-i and have replaced them all one at a time. The brown goo is the varnish left by the evaporating gas.

exactly

johnwc723
05-17-2004, 07:15 PM
word to that someone really needs to post that in the EFI forms as a sticky cause it happens soo much and noone believes you!