PDA

View Full Version : New Subs and Amp

SharkyX
05-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Just put some subs and an amp in the car, please disregard the dirty a$$ trunk and lack of effort in wiring and mounting lol, was just too tired after hooking everything up, will be another project for another day.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/568000-568999/568362_38_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/568000-568999/568362_39_full.jpg

Vanilla Sky
05-13-2004, 05:45 PM
not bad... how does it sound?

i just wanna mention the "dirt" in the trunk... that's nowhere near as bad as my car when i got it... my trunk was truly trash... it's sitting in a boat out back waiting to go to the dump... consider yourself lucky that you have a trunk liner that's salvagable

SharkyX
05-13-2004, 05:48 PM
they sound pretty damned good, they dont rattle the person next to you but thats only becasue the amp is truley underpowered compared to what these subs can handle. Only paid $230 for everything including the box from Circuit City. Better than my 6X9's that i had, rattles everything in the car. The trunk is still dirty from where i used to hang sheet rock, just need to get a portable carpet cleaner in there and it will look new again.

Magny
05-13-2004, 07:06 PM
LOL Its a good setup, doesn't matter how it looks cause I got my system in my car, but did alot of modifications to it to get it to stay the hell still when I turn corners, I'll take pics of it sometime today, gotta drive a few miles away first cause I don't want anyone in my area know I have it in there.

*EDIT*

BTW I removede all my liner cause I am in proccess of building a new ported box for my subs so it can be for SPL not bandpass base response, then after that, make some molding to make it look nice.

HondaBoy
05-13-2004, 08:06 PM
looks ok. that looks like the amp that i was looking at today. the one i checked out was a 600 watt 2 chanel Sony xplode for under $200. it was at best buy. looked like what i'd want for my subs. nothing really way out powerful and not too big is what i want. anyway, thats cool you got a new amp and subs. im going for a small box. that looks like a nice size that doesnt take up too much space.

SharkyX
05-13-2004, 08:10 PM
looks ok. that looks like the amp that i was looking at today. the one i checked out was a 600 watt 2 chanel Sony xplode for under $200. it was at best buy. looked like what i'd want for my subs. nothing really way out powerful and not too big is what i want. anyway, thats cool you got a new amp and subs. im going for a small box. that looks like a nice size that doesnt take up too much space.

Well i got the subs and amp in a package at circuit city for $159, the box is a Q-Logic box that was only $60, id say get that and a new amp, put the amp from the package on ebay or use it for highs.

Forgar_88
05-14-2004, 03:32 PM
BOOM BOOM!!! Nice to have some great sounding tunes huh?

SharkyX
05-14-2004, 05:28 PM
well its nthing im not used to, back in my HS days when i didnt have rent and bills i had a 1995 nissan 240SX that had 10 solo baric 10's and 2 solo baric 12's with oldschool fosgate punh amps pushing them. that went BOOM!

SharkyX
05-14-2004, 07:40 PM
ok i just ordered a Rockford Fosgate Punch 100a2 amp how much improvment do you think i will get?

lightbulblxi
05-14-2004, 08:06 PM
from my friends that have had xplods, i think they sound like shit. the only real xplod stuff i like are the HU's. hope you like them tho.

pixiesfan78
05-17-2004, 11:14 PM
ok i just ordered a Rockford Fosgate Punch 100a2 amp how much improvment do you think i will get? dude sony is absolute shit.i worked in a high end audio shop in houston for a while and they wouldnt even carry that garbage if you want quality low end stuff go with like audiobahn or clarion hell even jvc has one up on sony.hey you asked. :sad2:

pixiesfan78
05-17-2004, 11:20 PM
i gotta say that is a sweet ass coupe i have a white 4 door lx white accords rock . soon it will get a new paint job. white with fine silver pearl flakes.

SharkyX
05-18-2004, 05:20 AM
wow with these comments im glad i didnt get some legacy or optimus lol, ive been out of the stereo game for a few years kinda know that kicker and the normal higer end brands are still good, as far sa stuff in moderate price range theres so much out there that its hard to get through it all lol so what do yall think of pioneer? i see those on sale all the time for buy one get one for $50 at best buy. I know when i was in high school my freind had 2 IMPP 12's with a punch 40 amp that hit hard enough to push his sunroof out of the roof on 1 corner lol. these are getting the job done for now. allways time to buy another pair of subs if i get tired of these or they die lol

Vanilla Sky
05-18-2004, 06:30 AM
i don't think much of pioneer... my system in my car is pioneer (hu and fullranges, no subs or amps) and it SUCKS BALLS... you can get better than pioneer for the price