PDA

View Full Version : glass my rear seat thingys.

pixiesfan78
05-13-2004, 07:43 PM
im considering two things for the rear interior i have 91 lude seats in the front im cosidering them in the back but not likely. the other thing is more appealing right now i want to glass those side cushions for the back seat and roll them into the back dashit would all be painted flat black.what do you guys think of this idea or has anyone done it?

HondaBoy
05-13-2004, 08:15 PM
i'm guessing your saying you want to fiberglass the rear seat to make it smooth looking or something? i got 3rd gen prelude seats up front in my accord. i dyed them black along with the back seat so it would match the black and red interior. more of your ideas would be helpful to help us members understand what exactly you're invisioning.

pixiesfan78
05-18-2004, 01:50 PM
sorry i forgot about this thread.any how what im talking about is the two padded pieces that are on each side of the rear fold down seat. see what i have envisioned is glassing every plastic panel in the car.im doing a fiberglass wheel well enclosure in the trunk right now. once i had the mold ready i started considering what to do with the floor. i want it to roll nicely into the plastic side panels and the sub inclosure so the logical thing is to glass the entire floor and all the side panels once i decided on this i said well this is the theme im going with throughout the car after the trunk and rear dash ill move on to the door panels and piller molding. last but not least is the dash wich intimidates me i dont want to fuck it up and ive never taken off a dash before. anyways everything will be painted glossy black and hopefully have that metal intierior look like the newschool vw bugs.oh there will de silver trim pieces like the doorhandel trim vents dash bezel ext.the paint will be a white with pearly silver flakes i intend to do all this my self witch is a huge endeaver but i have faith. oh yeah no body kit i think they fuck up the appeal of the 3gee body.as for ideas ive got plenty what i dont have plenty of is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$so this is gonna be slow going but give me a year or two and you guys will be voting for me for accord of the month hope this sparks some ideas for you guys .ps hopefully ill be able to put together a how to for building the wheel well enclosure.

pixiesfan78
05-19-2004, 05:51 PM
man its dead on here this week. what did you guys suddenly get lives?jk.

train
05-21-2004, 09:00 AM
so you want to have a fiberglass rear seat area...with nothing back there? just kinda like...empty space? i think if that were the case, it would be too bare looking and empty.

if you wanna do some custom work to the rear seat area, i've always thought this would be neat...and it would win some shows for sure if you were going that route:

gut the interior in the rear (i think you've already done that). use a 3rd gen prelude seat or some other cool seat and mount it sideways in the rear, so the back of the seat sits against one window, and the person sitting in the seat faces the other window in the rear. there would be a ton of legroom. the rear would only fit one person. since you want to do a fiberglass interior, mold a screen and a dvd player and maybe a video game system into the side of the interior right below the window that the rear passenger faces, so the passenger would step into the backseat, sit down and relax with plenty of room, and he/she could watch a movie or whip out the controller and play some games back there. you could figure out some way to put a small console back there with a cupholder or whatever you wanted. put some seatbelts back there for actual driving.

just an idea i've had for a while, but that would be hella tight for road trips or cruising into a meet or show or something. and even if you weren't into shows, it would still be cool to roll around with.

pixiesfan78
05-21-2004, 09:15 PM
aahhhaaahahahahahhahah dude train wtf are you talking about this is not a minivan and saying you thought of that idea makes you look like a idiot this has been done by every getto riggin ass installer coast to coast you probley saw that shit in fuckin lowrider or some shit.and no i did not take my back seat out did you even read the thread it clearly says i want to glass the two side pads that are on iether side of the fold down seat. the fold down part will remain fabric but the two stationary pads will rollinto the rear dashboard and kind of blend in to the 6x9 speakergrills and it also says im putting a fiberglass enclosure in the wheel well right now so what the hell do you mean its kinda empty back there. dude share some of what your smokin or choochoochoothefuckonbiatch.

Andrew
05-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Sounds like a cool idea to me, I've been thinking about glassing some of the interior parts of my car, I saw a cool nissan pick-up on Cardomaine that inspired me

http://www.cardomain.com/id/nis_720
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/28173/6

pixiesfan78
05-22-2004, 09:27 PM
yeah see now thats what im talking about glassing the intierior will give you a more modern look as well as a professional auto finish paint job though the truck imo looks a little getto fab the dash has a nice finish but whats with the vcr under the dash i guess he never heard of a dvd player but the screen is sweet i just think it doesnt belong in a truck i mean small trucks like that are uncomfortable as hell. why would you want to watch a movie in a truck.ok ok ill shutup but hey anybody on here done any glasswork in their 3gee?

Andrew
05-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Didja check out this site?

http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/

Or this one?

http://www.rtol.net/scornell/HowTo.htm

pixiesfan78
05-23-2004, 08:50 PM
yeah actully ive seen both sites it was helpful.

pixiesfan78
05-27-2004, 07:37 PM
update. ive decided to put a component set in the pads when i glass them. a pair of 5.5 mids and tweets. they will face the driver and passenger real nice.its the perfest spot for them then i can remove the 6x9 speakergrills and glass the reardash all flat it will just have two ports in it for the subs. hah hah i just finished the last few layers of glass on my wheel well sub box. hah hahha ha im a mad fiberglasser.....after all the rear is done on to a pair of kicks for the front.

train
05-30-2004, 07:37 AM
hey pixiesfuck, no i didn't see that idea i had in some lowrider magazine. i've never read a lowrider magazine. fuck you for flaming. you're doin some gay fiberglass shit to car that's 15 years old, and never was a nice car in the first place. how are you gonna make fun of me?? i suggested something because you were doin some custom project and i thought i'd throw an idea out there. it seems you're goin for show, so i suggested a show-type project. if you don't like the idea, you should say "nah, its not for me" instead of tryin to make me look like an ass. i hate people that always have to make fun of people. i didn't like your idea to start out with in the first place, but i didn't tell you it was stupid or make fun of you for it. different strokes for different folks. fiberglassing the entire rear of a beat ass accord is no better than my idea as far as i'm concerned.

fuck you for flaming when you're doin something just as retarded. you're a hypocrite. i hate that. :thumbdown

pixiesfan78
05-30-2004, 11:07 PM
you know what lick my dingleberrys asshole you should have payed attention to what you were reading because none of the assumptions you made were correct as to what i did or am going to do to my car.first of all ive never flamed anyone on this site untill you waltsed in here with your ego sticking out of your fly talkin about ey guy why donttya take out the backseat.'.'.and put a tv back der .. second i asked for oppinons on my plan not a suggestion on how to getto out my 3 gee. ive known guys like you you always gotta put your 2cents in center of attention heh well pay attention to this your a fucking wigger faget with penis envy. is that tight yo? what do you drive anyways a miata fag. the 3 gee accord holds a class that you will never understand cause your a walking dick with ears. also it was obviouse you didnt like my idea from your first post otherwise you wouldnt have shot your fucking mouth off about itelbe a show winner fo shore. oh by the way i only make fun of idiots.

train
06-06-2004, 07:18 AM
jesus christ guy, you have some attitude problems. so i misread how you were ricing out your car. big deal. how the fuck are you gonna say i "waltsed in here with my ego sticking out of my fly"??? you must have pulled that out of your ass. maybe it rubbed a dingleberry as it came out. what i suggested has absolutely nothing to do with my ego. it was a fucking suggestion. how do you connect a suggestion like that to "your ego is sticking out of your fly"? and i'd like to know how you have known "guys like me." you don't know SHIT about me. you have no idea what i'm all about. how are you gonna judge me on something like that. i hate guys that judge other people based on the smallest thing. and then when you flame someone after judging someone like that. that's what makes you an asshole. that and you're name-calling like you were back in middle school. haha. i'm a "fucking wigger faggot with penis envy." ok guy, that will score you some points in an arguement. and notice when i suggested what i did, i never said "fo sho" or its mad tite y0" or anything like that. thats another judgement call you made on me, and its another wrong one. i don't talk like that. no i don't drive a miata. you think a 3rd gen accord holds a class i'll never understand? hahahhahahaha! so this is a classy car huh? or is it nostalgic? pffft. whatever. a 3rd gen accord is neither classy or nostalgic. i like the car, but don't make it up to be something its not, ok?

nice touch calling me an idiot at the end of your childish rant btw. it makes me really think 3rd gen owners have class to them. but i'm sure you're just the bad apple in the bunch. hopefully not everyone here has attitude issues like that.

pixiesfan78
06-06-2004, 10:02 PM
you said and i quote that would be hella tight..........furthermore you must be childish as well because you clearlly are not adult enough to blow off my childish ranting. any one else would have been like whatever dickweed and that would be the end of it.and as far as name calling youve done your share in this argument. now im gonna go out of my way to appoligize to you it was clearlly wrong of me to post that first thread trashing your idea my bad.it was a rough week what can i say and i dont know i just felt like taking out some frustration.yes i do get the occasional attitude problem.mabye i need my ass kicked or maybe i just need to get laid. so again train i appoligize for everything harsh i said and i hope we can put it aside if not lets at least stop wasting threadspace at three geez.also your right i clearly do not know you and therefore can not make any judgments or assumptions about your personallity. so theres egg on my face but im man enough to admit when im wrong. so i just wanna know wether or not you do drive an accord youve been around here quite a bit for a few weeks or whatever ive seen a few of your threads.so you must own an accord right. well maybe you just dont feel this way about your car but i like to think of 3geez as classics they were the defining change in small sedans in the 80s if you dont know what im sayin just look at an 86 camery. so its not an expensive car and certainlly not a performence oriented car. but the body looks like carmen ellektra butt ass naked spread out on a picnic table ready for eating. am i right or am i right 3geezers.

HondaBoy
06-07-2004, 08:09 AM
dude's, just quit, this isnt worth it. come on, y'all are fighting on the internet :rofl:. just warning you, your gonna end up getting your thread :lock:

pixiesfan78
06-07-2004, 04:26 PM
honda boy i did quit i just appoigized to the guy about three times. this should be the end of it and i agree its retarded of us to argue over the enternet dont you agree train so once again i apoligize to train and any members who wasted there time reading this thread mods feel free to lock this thread if you want.peace..

train
06-07-2004, 07:34 PM
all conflicts aside, my bad too. i don't want any enemies on this site (haha, an online enemy), and i don't think you do either. we can be buds.

to answer your question about what i drive...my junior year in high school i bought my 87 LXi. it was my second car. i LOVED it. it was so much better than my 94 ford tempo...with no power anything. haha. when i graduated high school i bought a 98 civic ex (this was in 2001, so it was fairly new). i gave my accord to my family cause my sister was gonna start driving soon and that was gonna be her car. so i drove my civic for about a year, and thats when i starting getting into performance, so i realized it was slow as balls. so i bought a 95 GSR, which is what i drive still. my sister has been driving the accord for a little while now, but the tranny crapped out on her a few weeks ago. 3rd and 4th are gone and it currently has a top speed of about 25 or 30 mph. its an auto. lol, the accord never gave me any trouble when i was driving it, but as soon as my family got it, a bunch of stuff went wrong. they've had to replace a lot of stuff. that and my sister put a few bruisings on it (hit a guard rail and a tahoe...nothing major, but when she hit the guard rail, she ruined a fender and corner light and the headlight retractor motor had to be replaced.) so its not in the best of shape right now. i got the accord back to fix it. so its my car again, and i welcomed it with open arms. i really am stoked to have it back. it was the first car i cared about. i think i like it more than i liked my civic. dunno why. sentimental value i guess.

so i bought a tranny for it earlier today, and a buddy and i are gonna try to put that in thursday and friday of this week. then it will be driveable. right now its bone stock. there are a few things on it that i don't like, and the whole intake system is one of them. i think honda is retarded for designing the intake system like they did. entirely too many vacuum lines, about a mile of piping, the filter is gay, and the intake manifold runners are wayyyy too long. but i'll go with things a step at a time. i wanna make a new intake utilizing most of the stock piping, and possibly the stock airbox. this will require the battery to take its ass to the trunk. second, the center console is garbage. this will be a daily driver, so i'm not really feelin' the no cupholders and no armrest deal. (yeah, i'm a yuppy :) ) i'm kinda learning how to work with fiberglass, so i've designed a new center console that's more to my liking. i'm not lookin to make this a fast car, and i don't wanna put lots of money into it. this is just gonna be comfortable transportation. i do wanna get the a/c working again (it hasn't worked since i've had the car), and its got some monster truck wheel gap that's gonna have to go sometime. i'd like to have some 99-00 SI wheels or some GSR fat fives on it. maybe if i get new wheels for my GSR, i can throw the stock GSRs on there.

k, that was a bit long. but anyways, thats the accord story. mods, everything is under control, so please don't lock this thread quite yet. and pixie, sorry i took your topic in a different direction.

Andrew
06-07-2004, 07:44 PM
I'll say this much for the both of you, at least you slagged each other off creatively, even though I don't condone this type of thing I have to admit that you were both quite amusing. Glad you guys patched things up, I've read alot of both of your guys' other threads and you both seem like decent guys otherwise.

Just make sure that if either of you do any fibreglass work that you post pics!

train
06-07-2004, 07:50 PM
no camera :uh:

pixiesfan78
06-08-2004, 09:05 PM
ha thats funny i have no camera iether lololol the only fiberglass work ive done so far is a sub box but i geuss everybody knows the plan by now. but dont go gettin your hopes up i wont be posting any pics untill the car is at least painted im slowly getting it preped. ive bondod all the dings shaved badges and antenna the molding is next. most of the intierior has already been moded exept for dash door panels and new black carpet. the door panels will be getting a little glass work including modding the factory speaker grills into a nice pair of component kicks and glassing the padded part nice and smooth also ill remove the stupid carpet trim on the doorpanel pocket and put a nice finish there as well.my current project is the center console ill be using a little glass and mdf to turn the tape holder compartment into a housing for my audiobahn eq.if all goes well i should still have the little flipup compartment there and maybe one underneeth the eq. great now i realy need an alarm even though theres no thugs in dunbarton newhampshire id like to be able to go to the city once in awhile.plus im still paranoid from living in houston for twelve years.people up here get annoyed with me because i lock my car doors what a trip. anyways expect to see some pics in about 6 months or so.and train since your sure you dont wanna be enternet arch enimies lol let me know what kinda glass work your getting into and im glad you have an open mind i would have flown up here and kicked my ass if i were you. oh yeah andrew what am i here to amusse you what am i a fuckin clown do i look like a fuckin clown to you toughguy. haha just joking how do you like my joe pesci impression.............

HondaBoy
06-08-2004, 10:44 PM
here's an old pic of what i did with my tape holder console. i made a plexiglass piece to fit in there. i cut out masking tape to make the letters of HONDA, painted the back ground black, painted the HONDA red. then i had cut out a place for a H emblem to go. looks good. i thought maybe i could make another one with either gauges or some kinda switch or audio control in it.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_63_full.jpg

train
06-09-2004, 10:07 AM
looks cool hondaboy. i wanna use that area that you filled for another DIN space. and maybe some other stuff. i'm all about ergonomics, and in my center console, wherever there is some free space, something useful will be there. if nothing else, just a pocket to put stuff in. i plan on giving rear seat passengers some cup holders and a clock or something too, as well as a 12v power source for them to plug their cell phones into. prob another 12v power source for the front too...one for the driver, and one for the passenger. cup holders up front of course. and since this will be my winter car, i'll probably get a thermometer to put in the center console around the ashtray/extra DIN space area. the space that you filled with that plate with the cool honda thing. i was also thinking of putting a DIN space in the back of the center console for rear seat passengers... with no speakers connected to the headunit, but rather, a set of high quality DJ type headphones so the backseat passengers don't have to listen to my music if they don't want to. this is just kinda my play car. my car to do stuff to that i wouldn't do to my integra. like a guinea pig i guess.

HondaBoy
06-09-2004, 12:08 PM
behind the plexiglass cover i made is wires for accessories and stuff that is plugged into the DC outlet. also, i used to have my small amp behind there, i'll probley stick it back there when i get something to be powered by it.

pixiesfan78
06-09-2004, 09:09 PM
those are some sweet plans train i used to have a power socket in that little pop out panel thats for acsessing the ebrake cables on the back of the center console. as for my console project i put on the first coat of krylon fusion today its coming out good i guted the tape console until lt was just a shell then fabed a piece of mdf for the eq i then molded it in with bondo. ther is a nice size storage tray below the eq mounting baffle. the realy hard part is that im completely removing the factory texturing and wetsanding the whole console im going for an automotive quality gloss black finish and i found the perfect vinal paint today its called molecubond i got it at wally world this stuff litterally soaks in to vinal and plastic awsome it cost 6.50 a can though and its a small can but it gives good coverage. im anxiouse to yank the door panels of and spray down the vinal and plastic parts with this stuff so far all ive done is the ashtray lid but one project at a time i gotta finish up the console in the next few days.oh yeah i also plan on molding one cup holder right were that open space between the ebrake and d seat is on the console. im stoked ive hated that console for years it was the plain one i just got the tape holder part a week ago.plus i hate havin to leanover and open the glovebox to adjust my eq.all ican say is thank god for bondo and fiberglass.speaking of wich has anybody else done any glass projects in thier accord?