PDA

View Full Version : Scratches on Drivers side window!!!!!! I NEED HELP!! PLEASE!

Jonessoda27
05-13-2004, 09:58 PM
I have no idea how these came about but i have confirmed that they are slight scratches on the window. There are like 5 vertical scratches close to each other, but they aren't really deep. They are about 6 inches long each. Im so angry and its pissing me off! :mad:

Is there any glass repair kit that could fix it?

(I'm thinking something like the scratch repair for glasses)

Do they have them for windows?????

PLEASE SOMEBODY GIVE ME A SOLUTION!

I think replacing it is out of the question... :help: :help::help::help:

T-Funk
05-13-2004, 10:06 PM
in certain light i cant see out of like half my drivers window because of that
it will only get worse if you dont stop the window from rubbing inside the door

shepherd79
05-14-2004, 03:05 AM
i guess you can try this http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/liquid_lense.html
don't try to apply on inside since we have factory light tint.

Forgar_88
05-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Might have settled a bit (your car aint new man!) and its rubbin on the door handle linkage. Had the same problem once man, its easy to fix once you get the door panel off. Just check to see if the linkage rubs when the wondow goes up and down, then bend it a bit. Good Luck

Jonessoda27
05-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Might have settled a bit (your car aint new man!) and its rubbin on the door handle linkage. Had the same problem once man, its easy to fix once you get the door panel off. Just check to see if the linkage rubs when the wondow goes up and down, then bend it a bit. Good Luck

Is it hard to take off the door panel on an lxi?

Im just scared ill fuck it up and i won't be able to put it back together!

HondaBoy
05-14-2004, 10:07 PM
hey, i wondered about my window too. its got some vertical scratches on it. i thought maybe sand or something got in there and scratched it. i'll have to check out the inside stuff next time i take the door panel off.

ivanfbi
05-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Is it hard to take off the door panel on an lxi?

Im just scared ill fuck it up and i won't be able to put it back together!
take all the screws off, which you can find on the door panels, and bottom part stays on clamps, so just use a flat screw driver to take them off, then just pull the panel to yourself and then up, and it should come off really easily. BTW, don't forget about connections to the PW switch, light on the bottom of panel and Power mirror.

Silver86LX
05-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Taking a door pannel off is real easy. I took my rear passenger door pannel off my '86 last summer. I'd imaine mine was harder seeing how I have manual windows. It's a real bitch to get the pin out from behind the window crank.

RobT5580
05-15-2004, 04:40 PM
The scratches are from dirt and small rocks getting caught in the molding. It tends to be the worst in winter months where sand/salt is put down on the roads.