PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Advice

exigus
05-14-2004, 10:12 AM
I am such a newbie. I've been reading these boards for a couple of months now and I just found this section. Not only is this the first thread I've started on this site, it's the first message I've ever posted online anywhere. I feel so technological. Anyway, I was pretty excited to find all this info on 3rd gen Accords. I love these cars. I didn't even know you could mod them unitl I ally ran across this site. Now I can't wait to get started on my own car. The problem is, Bessie is the only car I have for my family right now, and I can't really take it down for too long, you know? So I was thinking of getting a project car to go crazy on. The Se-i for sale by Vega looks pretty good. What do you say? I don't post much because I search a lot and most of my questions have been answered. Thanks for all the help so far!

Mike's89AccordLX
05-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Yeah I was the same way. I didn't know my car could be modded or anything before I found this site. Welcome to the board! Getting a 2nd car is the best thing you could do. I have done so much work on my 3g accord now that I got my 94 prelude. It will allow you to do so much more work to it and it will be a lot better.

Dibbs
05-14-2004, 10:58 AM
:welcome:

It's a great site. It's saved me more than a few times. Enjoy!

Bloodlust
05-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Well I guess welcome to the board, even though uve been here for a little while. Yeah a second project car is always a good idea, sometimes i wish I had a daily driver and then have my 3g. Ill probably need a second car when I get my turbo and stuff. Well get some pics of ur ride if u can.

exigus
05-14-2004, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I'll get pics sometime, if for no other reason than to show, "this is what it used to look like." My big problem is that I'm still a student living in an apartment so I have no garage to work in. Have any of you done a lot of work on cars just in parking lots? What advice can you give about that?

speedpenguin
05-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Have any of you done a lot of work on cars just in parking lots? What advice can you give about that?
find a friend with a driveway...

bullard123
05-23-2004, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I'll get pics sometime, if for no other reason than to show, "this is what it used to look like." My big problem is that I'm still a student living in an apartment so I have no garage to work in. Have any of you done a lot of work on cars just in parking lots? What advice can you give about that?

I say find a park. Thats where I'm going now to redo my interior. There is plenty of space there and there is nobody to bother you there either. Also me being a single parent I can let my daughter run and play while I work on my ride. Hope this helps.

DeathRat
05-23-2004, 07:21 AM
First off >>>> :welcome:
Secondly, yeah a second car is great, I really need one too myself! LOL :sad2: BUT YEAH! This forum has alot to offer in the way of info!